Gene Wilder has died

I love him as a Fox in Little Prince.

"You always feel responsible for what you've tamed"

Last edited by a moderator:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
James:
proxy.php
A comic genius in his time...I loved him in "Blazing Saddles" and "Young Frankenstein"! :thumbsup:

He will be missed and may God Bless Him, Keep Him and may He Rest in Peace!

proxy.php
"On stage or in the movies I could do whatever I wanted to. I was free." Gene Wilder

I had the good fortune to meet Gene Wilder back in the late 1980s in London. I was working for a London-based Scandinavian satellite TV broadcaster that shared studio facilities in Camden with MTV Europe. He was in England doing promotional stuff for a film (his filmography time-line suggests that it must have been See No Evil, Hear No Evil; sadly not one of his best works) and he had come in for an interview with MTV. While he was waiting for the make-up girls to powder his face, we got talking. It was only a brief five-minute conversation but I remember clearly how polite and softly spoken he was. He made everyone feel totally at ease; a true gentleman with none of the histrionics associated with some Hollywood stars.

R.I.P

Too bad. What a great comic actor. Blazing Saddles is my all-time favorite move. Seen it WAY more than I should have all thje way back to when it was released in spring of 1974 when I was 15. I think I could recite the dialog verbatim from start to finish if needed.
RIP Mr. Wilder. One of the greats. Blazing Saddles is my all time favorite. I suggested to my Mom that she take my Grandmother to see "a great western" well, they went and I never heard the end of it. I didn't think they would actually go. Gram loved it, Mom not so much. I had never seen Gram laugh so much. Thank you Mr. Wilder for bringing out a side of her we had never seen.

One line that always gets me a laugh from Blazing Saddles "to tell the family secret, my grandmother was Dutch"

Top Bottom