What's new

Case Guard die storage box

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Die storage, as in reloading? Just making sure auto Korrect didn’t change dry to die. Are you looking for a way to store multiple dies together? Any reason the storage container they came in doesn’t work. I’ve switched to inline fabrication’s die storage racks because the Hornady bushings make it difficult to store in the factory boxes.

IMG_3709.jpeg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Most of my die sets that are not mounted on presses remain in their factory boxes, but I need to fabricate a stand similar in function to the above mentioned Inline Fabrication product, but free standing. Several of my dies have the Forster/Bonanza rings on them that are even bigger than the Hornady rings. Something on the order of a tobacco pipe rack but purpose built for reloading dies. I have my F/B Co-Ax press mounted on an "island" work bench and there is nowhere to attach the Inline Fabrication or similar rack, hence the need for free standing.

On Edit: I have a unused pipe rack that will accommodate my loose reloading dies frequently used with my Co-Ax press, problem solved!!

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@Shakey-and-twitchy, What kind of dies do you have? Do you not have the original factory die boxes? I know Midway USA sells several brands of empty factory die boxes. I have no experience with Case Guard die boxes, but their ammo boxes are GTG.

With the case guard I have 9, 10, 357, and 45 dies in one box. With another one i was thinking of 44, 45 colt, 223, and 32.
i should build more shelves and arrange things better.
the sloped ceiling of my detached garage limits my shelf space. I should also stop using machinist tool boxes I have my case prep tools pretty Willy Nile. Lee die boxes are placed Willie Millie.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The old round Lee die boxes are not very efficient space-wise as they cannot be stacked like standard flat/square boxes. I only have one of those, but I have been reluctant to replace it.

Top Bottom