What's new

What's the most you ever had.........

Three words: shot glass chess. Always a good spectator sport, and there's always checkers for the masochistic (my memory is hazy, but I'm told it was an entertaining match).

M

modern man

You're a braver man than me, I never had the guts to try.

I am a dumber man then you. Trust me kids, its not worth it.

Three words: shot glass chess. Always a good spectator sport, and there's always checkers for the masochistic (my memory is hazy, but I'm told it was an entertaining match).

My wife got me one for my birthday last year.

Why? Because she is good at checkers. :lol:

Shotglass chess can get particularly brutal. My personal favorite variant is 4-person shotglass chess. Have you played the chess variant where you have 2 teams of 2 -- whenever one teammate captures an opponent's piece, their partner can spend a turn bringing that piece into their game.

But yeah... did you play with different shots for each different piece? We used to use schnapps or Pucker for the pawns, since it was low proof and we're fond of gambit openings. Usually knights and bishops were some kind of flavored rum or vodka, usually aiming for something between 50 and 60 proof. Rooks were vodka or whiskey, something 80-proof. The queen was always a double shot of 151. The king varied depending on the brutality of the game, sometimes it was a shot of 151, others it was a full beer, and then there was that one time that the plan was for the loser to drink all the remaining pieces.

Man, college was fun.

Top Bottom