What's new

What do you like to do that most people dislike?

SWMBO thinks this is weird in a charming kind of way: I enjoy ironing clothes. I find it very relaxing. I have washed and ironed my own clothes since I was a teenager.

We have a little covered bridge downtown, and sometimes I like to sit there with a coffee and let my mind go blank. No one ever gets that.

visiting the dentist. i know gasps all around, despite the moments of pain, i always come out feeling like a million bucks. [MENTION=1581]cash[/MENTION]_stonomer, i have a few covered bridges near my house as well, they are fun to walk through and provide great spots for trout fishing. but one of my favorite things to do, is sit outside on my porch while it rains or thunderstorms, no idea why but i find it soothing.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
visiting the dentist. i know gasps all around, despite the moments of pain, i always come out feeling like a million bucks. [MENTION=1581]cash[/MENTION]_stonomer, i have a few covered bridges near my house as well, they are fun to walk through and provide great spots for trout fishing. but one of my favorite things to do, is sit outside on my porch while it rains or thunderstorms, no idea why but i find it soothing.
I'm a porch and rain guy myself. It is very calming and beautiful. Such power in thunder and lightning and the nurturing of life in the rain. Love it

Adam

I'm a porch and rain guy myself. It is very calming and beautiful. Such power in thunder and lightning and the nurturing of life in the rain. Love it

Adam

Neither of you are alone in that...same here. I'm out on the porch for any given thunderstorm (unless the lightening starts getting really close).

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I love sitting under cover watching a good serious downpour of Biblical proportions. Donder und Blitzen are nice bonuses.

Reading instructions and how-tos. I like reading manuals, pamphlets and such (I even will read instructions on things like the shampoo bottles). This leads into the job of assembling toys and household items that come in a million pieces and 20 pages of instructions.

I like to watch silent films, the longer the better. I probably have 400+ dvd's, with the longest being 6 1/2 hours. I know a lot of people who like black & white movies from the 1930's & 40's, but would never watch a silent. Like most, my wife says she dislikes them but has never watched one.

I like sitting on my front doorstep drinking my morning coffee, I have a backyard with furniture but for some reason I prefer the doorstep :letterk1::letterk1:

Work. I have a hard time sitting around doing nothing. If I'm not at work, then I'm fishing, or in my wood shop, or shooting, or yard work, or ...

Amazes me coworkers that work harder at getting out of a task than it is to just do it.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I can think of a handful of things:

-- Ice in my drinks. Cold can be good, even great, but ice can drive me absolutely crazy. Straws are even worse.

-- Plain, unsweetened yogurt

-- Raunchy, runny, "you better take that [stuff] outside" stinky cheese

-- Wagner's Ring Cycle

-- Humidity

There are many other foods that I love that are not very popular unless you count the entire world.

Yard work. Let's my mind go and I get to see something great in return. I'm a guy who fertilizes, mows weekly or sometimes even more. I create small projects that can be done in a weekend or two that enhances my landscape and resale value because I enjoy doing them and people seeing them. I'm a big believer that whenever I can, always make the spot on earth you have better than it was before you came.

Top Bottom