What's new

Supply Provision Stainless Steel Injector Tour/Pass-Around

Shave number five was a DFS at no fault of the razor. It seems that my Whiskers wear out injector blades fast. Ended up loading a new blade halfway through my second pass.
This will be my last shave with the Supply Provision injector razor. I'm chomping at the bit to use my new gear that I have or will receive for Christmas. I'll get this bad boy cleaned up and mailed of the the next contender no later than Tuesday morning. It was a pleasure to give this razor a spin before buying one. As nice as it is, I don't see myself getting one. I have DE and SE razors that I already have that I enjoy more. Thank you [MENTION=16186]poonjaji[/MENTION] for this most excellent opportunity to try a new razor!

Setup

Razor = Supply Provision with one dot plate installed loaded with a Schick Injector blades
Soap = homemade vanilla and sandalwood scented goats milk shave soap
Brush = 24mm TGN Finest Banded Badger set into homemade handle
Lathering vessel = Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle
Aftershave = Original Listerine with Bay, sandalwood, and vetiver essential oils added to it.
Cologne = Original Stetson

View attachment 711541

List updated. Please PM if you are interested in participating.

Supply Provision Injector Tour
Graydog
polishaver
ciderguy
tylehman
hahnevince559
ShaverGN
gflande1
mrlandpirate
1kentj
big70tom
ED3054
DCRIII
mdevine (about to shave)
Sullybob
bahomebrew
Komboloi
Sdm84

When I returned from work last night, I was excited to see a package waiting for me. I opened it up and was taken aback at the weight of the razor, which is much heavier than I expected it to be. I had never tried an injector razor until getting a Schick Eversharp for Christmas. The Single Edge is much more substantial. I find the build and look aesthetically appealing and the quality is obvious. I loaded it with one of the Schick blades (I didn't notice the other blades until after the Schick was loaded. If there is a difference, let me know and I'll give one of the blades that came with the razor a try), using the "mild" baseplate that was already attached.

This morning, I lathered with Tabac, and put the Injector through its paces. After the first half dozen strokes, I wondered if the blade was in wrong, as I couldn't feel a thing. However, when I ran my hand over my skin, it was clear that I was obtaining a very close shave. After two effortless passes, I ended up with an extremely comfortable BBS shave. I plan to switch to the middle baseplate in a couple of days, but other than to satisfy my curiosity, there isn't a big need to. With the first baseplate, I ended up with everything I look for in a shave: an irritation free and comfortable BBS shave. I get the feeling that this razor will rank up there with the pre-WW2 Tech, which manages to closeness and comfort with almost no effort on my part. Not that I'm ever careless, but I like a razor that won't bite if my technique is a little less than perfect.

The past week has already been somewhat of a revelation for me. After seven years of wetshaving, it's exciting to find that I can still experience something new. I suspect that injectors will become a routine part of my rotation. At 56 years old, it's great to get new toys for Christmas. For anyone who hasn't tried an injector razor yet, don't wait as long as I did. Thanks, Michael.

Today was day number two with The Single Edge injector razor, and day two was a repeat of day one. Today, I started with La Toja Manantiales (I'm nearing the end of my pick of a truly great soap which has been off the market for the past five or so years) and ended with a splash of Lucido aftershave. I continue to be impressed with what a comfortable shave it provides. The last thing I need is another razor, but for $75, I consider this razor a bargain. After two shaves, it ranks with my favorites for performance and comfort: Weber Bulldog ARC, Fat-handled Tech (pre-WWII), Wilkinson Sword Sticky.

I plan to switch to the middle baseplate in a couple of days, but other than to satisfy my curiosity, there isn't a big need to. With the first baseplate, I ended up with everything I look for in a shave: an irritation free and comfortable BBS shave.

Nice reviews, mdevine. I have been reading everybody's with anticipation, as my turn is getting close. I've never tried an injector either, so will be my first. Just curious, have you switched base plates?

Nice reviews, mdevine. I have been reading everybody's with anticipation, as my turn is getting close. I've never tried an injector either, so will be my first. Just curious, have you switched base plates?

I switched for today's shave from the first to the second baseplate. I didn't notice a big difference, except a little more feedback with the second one.

Today was my last day with the Supply Provisions Co. "The Single Edge" injector and it has been a great experience. Thanks again, Michael, for the generous pass-around. After shaving with both the first and second baseplates, I think I preferred the first by the narrowest of margins. I had nothing but close and comfortable shaves with either. It has been shipped to Sullybob, who should be getting it Friday. I look forward to hearing his thoughts on the razor.

First shave in the books.

My daily razors are the 2011 R41, 2013 R41, RX, and the Blackbird. I'll be comparing the Supply Provision to the shaves I get from my daily drivers.

This morning I used the three dot base plate to start with because my daily razors are all on the aggressive or efficient side. Loading the blade was easy, I actually removed the base plate, loaded the blade and installed the base plate. I face lathered with MdC Fougere and a Whipped Dog 30mm synthetic. First pass was with the grain and the second pass was against the grain. The first pass I didn't have the angle dialed in so I missed a few spots. By the end of the second pass I had the angle down. I needed to do some buffing on my trouble spots and I had hard time directly under my nose. Overall, it was a great shave, not BBS, but darn close. The only areas that I didn't get BBS were my upper and lower lip, and I think that once I get the razor dialed they will be BBS too.

I've been buying or borrowing a lot of different razors over the last several years and I don't think I've ever gotten as close of a shave and a shave as free of irritation on the first shave as I did with the Supply Provision razor. I'm off to a great start.

List updated. Please PM if you are interested in participating.

Supply Provision Injector Tour
Graydog
polishaver
ciderguy
tylehman
hahnevince559
ShaverGN
gflande1
mrlandpirate
1kentj
big70tom
ED3054
DCRIII
mdevine
Sullybob (shaving)
bahomebrew
Komboloi
Sdm84
cruise_bone

Shaves 2-5 are done. I continued to use the most aggressive base plate and I used the same blade for all of the shaves.

Shave #2 was not as good as the first shave. I was in a hurry and wasn't as careful I should have been.

Shaves #3-5 were are very nice, BBS or near BBS shaves. I will probably pick up a Supply Provision Razor for my own someday. I think this razor could be a great starter razor for someone new to wet shaving. It would also be a fantastic travel razor, if you're into using different gear when you're on the road.

I'll shave with it again tomorrow and maybe Monday and get it in the mail to the next person on the tour.

Thank you Michael for one again letting me try a razor that will make it's way into my den. I believe I was the second person on your original Cobra Classic tour and I ordered a Cobra before my time with that razor was over (if I remember correctly.)

The package is in transit. I got word from Sullybob today. I have been shaving every day so will shave the day after this arrives and post my reviews. Needless to say, my anticipation is high.

The Eagle has landed, the Eagle has landed. Shave number 1 tomorrow. Thanks Sullybob. Thanks Komboloi for forwarding your address. Many thanks, Poonjaji for the excellent opportunity.

I am starting with base plate 1 and a Schick. Loaded the blade already, just used the injector, paying attention to the blade edge to make sure it didn't touch on the way in. Seemed to go smoothly. The handle is the heaviest I will have tried to date. Very nice look and I will see what I think of the heft. Looking at the head, the blade stops seem to jut out considerably and the usable angles here look very shallow indeed. Come to think on it, I might do a shave this evening depending on how much stubble I can grow between now and then(c'mon, stubble, grow! Grow!).

First shave this morning. I used KMF Patchoulie and finished off with some homemade Bay Rum AS and Burt's Bees AS Lotion. I used the one dot base plate and it was quite a good shave. This is an extremely intuitive and easy shaver. My impression was accurate, this thing cuts hair or nothing at all. Very mild and if I lost the angle, then it became the brushed stainless sliding across the face. There is a little play to increase aggressiveness, but not much. I got an extremely close shave, about as close as I've ever gotten. The weight of the handle helped glide the head around my face very easily, even on my chin. My only negative impression was the actual brushed stainless steel finish. It looks smart, but I didn't care for the feel of it on my face. This is a minor comment as the only time I really felt that was when I lost the angle which didn't happen much, but when it did happen, I noticed and just didn't like the sensation. It wasn't painful or abrasive, but just a dissonant sensation.

All in all, a great shaver that, after one shave, has impressed me with it's precise design and easy handling. I will do another shave or two with the one dot and then switch to try the other two.

Second shave in the books, and similar results. Today I used Tabac cream, finished off with Men's Stock North Woods and St Charles Dagger AS Milk. Very smooth to the point I was going fairly quickly. Still ended up DFS. I like how this razor performs around my chin, very easy to move it right around without any hitches and I can get as close as any other razor I've tried. Still my only complaint is the actual feel of the brushed steel. Anybody else notice this?

Also, anybody who has tried this and tried some of the other injectors, are they smooth shavers like this one, or does this capture the best of the injector blade?

I'm going to shift to the 2 dot plate tomorrow and see how that affects the performance.

Also, anybody who has tried this and tried some of the other injectors, are they smooth shavers like this one, or does this capture the best of the injector blade?

I'm going to shift to the 2 dot plate tomorrow and see how that affects the performance.

i was one that had it a bit earlier, and i really only liked this one with the one dot plate. i have several vintage injectors, and they all can give great shaves. after trying the supply provisions razor i got a pal adjustable from the 70's i guess. and also is a very nice injector.

for the be 2 and 3 dot plated did not feel as smooth to me and i only really bonded with the one dot plate.

as far as the feel of the stainless steel, i did not notice it, however i thought he blade stops were very tall.

Thanks, tylheman. As good as it is with the one dot, I have wondered where the shave can go from here, but MyMMV so I'll try the other two.

I've read that the different injectors are very good and that most of the people who get one get many because of the variety and the quality of shaves. I haven't heard them compared in any way, but great shaves speak for themselves.

I am liking the injector setup but am on the 2017 Sabbatical so I will have to tuck my RAD away for some time still. Between these and the shavettes that I am just newly introduced to, I may join the Walking Dead before the year is up.

Top Bottom