What's new

Supply Provision Stainless Steel Injector Tour/Pass-Around

Member added. Please PM if you are interested in participating.

Supply Provision Injector Tour
Graydog
polishaver
ciderguy
tylehman
hahnevince559
ShaverGN
gflande1
mrlandpirate
1kentj
big70tom (no response)
ED3054 (shaving)
mdevine
DCRIII
Sullybob
bahomebrew

Shave #3 down.
Switched to chick blade.
Stayed with plate 3.
Got a really good shave.
BBS with Tabac soap and Aftershave.

Thanks for adding me to the list and starting this great pass around, poonjaji. I'm excited to try this one out. I have limited SE experience, but I am enjoying the different approach and it is helping my overall technique with DE's as well, so I'm excited to keep expanding my shaving repertoire. This handle looks slick and well made and one of my favorite parts of wet shaving is the variety of well made/well crafted/well engineered tools at my disposal.

Member added. Please PM if you are interested in participating.

Graydog
polishaver
ciderguy
tylehman
hahnevince559
ShaverGN
gflande1
mrlandpirate
1kentj
big70tom
ED3054 (shaving)
mdevine
DCRIII
Sullybob
bahomebrew
Komboloi

Thanks for adding me, [MENTION=16186]poonjaji[/MENTION] and for facilitating the passaround. I'm excited to try this thing out when it's my turn.

It's On it's WAY. Sorry for the DELAY.. And thank you. It is a Great Razor. On my CHRISTMAS LIST.. Hope SANTA reads this FORUM.

It's On it's WAY. Sorry for the DELAY.. And thank you. It is a Great Razor. On my CHRISTMAS LIST.. Hope SANTA reads this FORUM.

Just want to let everyone know I received the razor in the mail last night at 20:00. Talk about a late night delivery. All looks good and undamaged. I'm glad I was checking on other tracking numbers for other packages I was waiting on, otherwise I wouldn't have checked my mailbox until 16:30 today.
I'm also happy that I put off my morning shave. Now I can give this beauty and go today. I'll post my thoughts tonight.

Well, I just had my first shave with the Supply Provision single edge safety razor. Here's my setup today and thoughts.

Razor= Supply Provision, but you knew this:001_rolle, with the #2 plate loaded with unknown blade (the one the dispenser that is part white plastic.
Brush= homemade set with a 24mm TGN Finest Banded Badger
Soap= homemade vanilla sandalwood scented goats milk shave soap
Lather bowl= Hammered Mule solid copper bowl
Aftershave= Stetson Cooling Moisture

First thoughts were that this is a nice looking razor, then my focus was on how heavy it is. You'll definitely know that you have something in your hand. I decided to manually install the blade the screwing it back together. This was relatively quick and easy. I went with the #2 plate since that's the one that initially came installed. After lathering up, I proceeded to shave. It took only slight moment to fingers the correct angle to hold this razor. Speaking of holding this razor, I had to periodically stop and regrip the handle due to its smooth texture. Right from the start in noticed that the weight of this razor is going to do all of the work for you, absolutely no additional pressure is needed.
All in all it was a nice DFS. No irritation, nicks, or cuts. I haven't decided which plate to use tomorrow yet.
View attachment 710706

List updated. Please PM if you are interested in participating.

Graydog
polishaver
ciderguy
tylehman
hahnevince559
ShaverGN
gflande1
mrlandpirate
1kentj
big70tom
ED3054
DCRIII (shaving)
mdevine
Sullybob
bahomebrew
Komboloi

Shave number 2
Today I decided to use the #3 plate. When I initially stared to shave, it seemed as if no stubble was being removed. I figured that maybe I dulled the blade when loading it, so I removed the the blade and put in one of the Schick blades. Success stubble removal! Of course, now that I think about it, I may have put the blade it backwards. Oh well, I'll just need to pay more attention in the future.
I wasn't too crazy about the shave with plate #3. Definitely more aggressive. In the end I achieved just as close of a shave as the #2 plate gave, but I did end up with some irritation. This led me to choose an aftershave with menthol in it to help sooth the irritation.
Tomorrow's shave will be with plate #1.

Setup

Razor = Supply Provision with plate #3 installed loaded with a Schick blade
Soap = Tabac in milk glass bowl
Brush = 22mm TGN Finest Banded Badger set into homemade handle
Aftershave = Barbasol Pacific Rush
View attachment 710910

I have shaved with mine a couple of time. I find interesting the lack of feedback from this razor. It s so heavy and the blade thinkness might play into that.

With plate 2 i can barely feel it shaving. I feel that might lead people to overshave an area or use pressure.

Anyone felt the same ?

Today's shave was fantastic using plate #1. I got a irritation and Nick free BBS. A first for me since I usually get at least a weeper with a BBS. I look forward to using plate #1 again tomorrow to see if I can duplicate the shave.

Setup

Razor = Supply Provision with plate #1 installed with Schick blade(second shave with this blade)
Soap = Captain's Choice 45th Parallel
Brush = 24mm Vigshaving Finest Banded Badger set into homemade handle
Lathering vessel = Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle
Aftershave = English Leather
View attachment 711114

Shave number four was just as nice as yesterday's using the one dot plate. Another pleasant BBS! I could certainly get used to this!

Also, [MENTION=29120]mdevine[/MENTION] I mail this awesome razor your way no later than Tuesday.

Setup

Razor = Supply Provision with one dot plate installed loaded with a Schick blade(third shave on this blade)
Soap = Tabac
Brush = 22mm Vigshaving finest banded badger set into homemade handle
Lathering vessel = Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle
Aftershave = Original Listerine ( more on this here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/508677-Listerine-as-an-Aftershave )

View attachment 711303

Top Bottom