What's new

Supply Provision Stainless Steel Injector Tour/Pass-Around

FYI the version that is being sent around was the first version released. Unexpectedly, when Supply Provision received these razors from the the CNC shop they discovered the standard way of ejecting a blade did not work, and often caused a second blade to be inserted. (New definition of a twin blade.) I chose to still buy the razor as you simply need to push on the base plate the the blade will fall out. Here is a video where you can see this being done.

[video=vimeo;173074244]https://vimeo.com/173074244[/video]

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Well my time with this Razor is over, I have shipped it off to polishaver. I will be interested in how he enjoys the shaves that he gets. I had the chance to shave 5 times with this fine razor. 3 times with plate#3 and 2 with#3 . I had the best shave with#3 ,as long as I used very little pressure. #2 gave me a nice shave with some work on my end. But# 3 was far more efficient and effective with less blade feel on my my face but I could tell that if I used a little too much pressure I would have not have had the same experience. As for a shaver overall I liked the heft and liked the way it looks. On the other hand my neck was not easy to get a close shave. I truly appreciate the opportunity to try this Razor and will be looking forward to hearing everyone else and their experiences. Thank you again. Will I be buying this Razor. ....no, my Schick E-3 gives me a closer and more comfortable shave just a lot lighter

Well my time with this Razor is over, I have shipped it off to polishaver. I will be interested in how he enjoys the shaves that he gets. I had the chance to shave 5 times with this fine razor. 3 times with plate#3 and 2 with#3 . I had the best shave with#3 ,as long as I used very little pressure. #2 gave me a nice shave with some work on my end. But# 3 was far more efficient and effective with less blade feel on my my face but I could tell that if I used a little too much pressure I would have not have had the same experience. As for a shaver overall I liked the heft and liked the way it looks. On the other hand my neck was not easy to get a close shave. I truly appreciate the opportunity to try this Razor and will be looking forward to hearing everyone else and their experiences. Thank you again. Will I be buying this Razor. ....no, my Schick E-3 gives me a closer and more comfortable shave just a lot lighter

Great to hear your thoughts!

I had my 2nd shave with the Single Edge today , this time with a Schick blade sent along by poonjaji. My first was with plate 2, this one with plate 3. I got a decent shave with #2 and a Pella blade, plate 3 today was noticeably more aggressive without feeling harsh. I am really enjoying the weight of the razor and the opportunity to try it out. Thanks again Michael for sharing !:thumbup:

looking forward to trying it out, i'll contact ciderguy with details once he gets it. after the earlier thread on this i got some Ted Pella blades... some like them and some don't. they worked fine for me in my Schicks, so that is one thing that already has been a good deal for me.

[FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif]Bump and a list update. Please see the first post if you have interest in participating or if you reached out and I forgot to add you. Thanks![/FONT][FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif]

Supply Provision Injector Tour
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif]Graydog
polishaver (shaving)
ciderguy
tylehman
hahnevince559
ShaverGN
[/FONT]gflande1[FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif]
mrlandpirate
1kentj
big70tom
ED3054

[/FONT][FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif][/FONT]

It arrived! I'm taking it out of the box right now. I'll have my first ever injector shave tomorrow! [MENTION=104468]tylehman[/MENTION] feel free to send me your address when you have time.

i look forward to the next review. i have been using SEs for the last two weeks and mostly injectors. i must say they are really getting me spoiled, because i have been getting closer more comfortable shaves than i remember from my many DEs. i hope [MENTION=97351]ciderguy[/MENTION] takes his time and tests it well, but when the time comes i will be ready to put the Supply Provisions injector through it paces.

Thanks again for the opportunity to try this out!

I shaved with the #3 plate today and one of the blades that weren't Schick. The aggressiveness of plate 3 seems to be a little less than a Gem Jr. I like this level of aggressiveness. The razor is reassuringly heavy. It took me a little while to figure out how to hold it, and I'm going to try something different tomorrow. I wrote a longer write up in my journal, but there is a summary below.

The blade tugged a bit on the XTG pass for me and seems a little rough. Over all, the blade seemed to preform similar to a Personna Lab Blue DE blade. I ended up with a few weepers and an overall DFS. I'm going to try it with the #2 plate for my next shave.

I'm really looking forward to trying this, so how many different types of injector blades are still being produced? I know there's personna and chicks

I'm really looking forward to trying this, so how many different types of injector blades are still being produced? I know there's personna and chicks

Bump because I have the same question. I've now had 4 shaves with this razor. I like the razor very much, but I'd really like to try a different blade in it. I'm going to keep working on technique, but I can't seem to manage the kind of close shave without irritation that I can with other razors.

That's all--just Personnas and Chicks. No matter how it is branded, if it ain't a Schick, then it's a Personna. Of course, there are many NOS injector blades available on eBay.

For me the Chinese Schick razor blades are best with the three dot head. After that it is all about the angle and a light touch.

I'll be sending the razor on to [MENTION=104468]tylehman[/MENTION] by tomorrow. I enjoyed my time with it, and had 5 total shaves (details are in my journal). It was good, but the lack of blade choice is the main reason why I'm not interested in owing one of these. I wasn't able to manage a good close shave. I am now interested in trying out one of the injector-style razors that takes the Feather Artist Club blades.

i should have the razor and be able to try it by the weekend. i am watching it work its way through the USPS. i have been doing a lot of SE shaving lately and most of that with injectors, just to get in the right frame of mind for the testing. i will update when i get the razor in hand and when i do some test runs.

i should have the razor and be able to try it by the weekend. i am watching it work its way through the USPS. i have been doing a lot of SE shaving lately and most of that with injectors, just to get in the right frame of mind for the testing. i will update when i get the razor in hand and when i do some test runs.
and pics also if u can

Here are two photos I took of it for my journal. The razor you already know. The bowl is a Captain's Choice large, the brush is a Proraso Professional Boar, and the soap is Arko .

$SUPPLY prov injector.jpg$supply head.jpg

Top Bottom