What's new

Toronto area PIF passaround box

I'm in the USA every other day with work. Next time I'm in a drug store I'll have a look for the VDH soap for you DomQ

How was your trip!!! no problem buddy :) Bet it was crazy at target and walmart during the sales

Thanks for asking. Never visited Walmart but Target wasn't that crazy although it was Saturday. I bought an Apple watch that they had on sale and they still had stock on Sat.

We did visit a big shopping mall in MI and it was absolutely crazy on Black Friday! Bumper to bumper everywhere around the mall

Thanks for asking. Never visited Walmart but Target wasn't that crazy although it was Saturday. I bought an Apple watch that they had on sale and they still had stock on Sat.

We did visit a big shopping mall in MI and it was absolutely crazy on Black Friday! Bumper to bumper everywhere around the mall

I could imagine! I have driving on the 401 on a normal day, i cant even imagine down there during black friday! Cheers to you buddy for making it through that!

I have the box. A lot of stuff in there and some weird looking aftershaves I need to try. I had my first shave this morning.

Box Shave 1

Razor - Fatip Grande
Blade - Personna Platinum Chrome (Red Israeli Personna) (some in the box)
Soap - Tabac Original
Astringent - Alum Block
Aftershave - Tabac Original (box)
Balm - Clarins Men Gel super Hydrant (box)

Performed a 3 pass shave with some tugging ATG and discomfort XTG. I think the blade degraded stuck to a magnet on the bathroom mirror for a week. To be completely transparent I didn't shower before the shave but did wash my face twice, massaging in the soap and used hot towels prior to the shave. Despite poor shave feel, I got an incredibly close shave that left my face feeling very smooth. Even now > 12 hours later my face is almost completely stubble free. Next shave will be with a new personna blade. There are some in the Box but this shave was done with one from my own stash.

The Tabac soap is pretty good but the scent is somewhat enigmatic. I'm still not sure if I like it. I had to load a lot of soap on the brush and then use a significant amount of water during a face lather to grow the lather. This soap is thirsty but the lather is quite good.

Had to use the alum and it stung a LOT.

The Tabac Original aftershave was effective but there's that funny scent again. After all this my face started feeling really tight so used a sample of the Clarinsmen Gel Super Hydrant. Good stuff with a nice, cooling effect.

A little bit of a rough shave but a great outcome with 1 weeper.

I'll retool for a shave Tuesday night and swap out the soap and aftershave.

Shave 2

Razor - Fatip Grande
Blade - New Personna Platinum Chrome (Red Israeli Personna) (some in the box)
Soap - Tabac Original
Astringent - Witch Hazel
Aftershave - Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails Bay Rum
Balm - Body Shop Maca Root Razor Relief

Pretty good shave this morning. The new blade did the trick. Still a little tuggy but very smooth. I still like other blades better in the Grande but shave was good.

Freakin' Tabac! I let the soap bloom before loading the brush and it made a huge difference. I had enough lather for 5 passes it was rich, thick, and slick. After inbetween pass rinses my face was still slick.

Went with the 9 tails today. It was quite painful but I love the smell of this stuff.

Going for a head shave later this morning and will use Gingers Garden Amerikesh (Box) PolSilver (Box). Looks like an interesting soap and I like the scent.

LB

Tabac does have a love it or leave it scent, no doubt. I'd love to try the soap, have heard nothing but great things.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Amerikesh. I wasn't a big fan of the scent, but Ginger's soaps do make for some fantastic shaves.

My favourite is the Enigma.

Top Bottom