What's new

Tobacquisitions August 2016

Just purchased my first pipe, tobacco, and some supplies a few days ago. I've smoked four bowls of Frog Morton's Cellar, and each has been amazing. I love the smoky spiciness of the latakia, with the bright finish of the virginias. Looks like I've found another hobby! I also just started college, so I will have to limit what I purchase.

Very nice, welcome to the Brown Leaf mate.

Who doesn't love a nice short story!

Amen, brother. I saw them and I couldn't say no.

I must see if the local has them. I love AF cigars, but haven't tried those, yet.

Do tell when you check it out!
All this short story talk is making me want to make an order!

I never seem to have much luck finding the maduros. Cameroons seem to always be sitting on the shelves. The maduros...not so much. :bored:

Just received this one-off solid copper Radiator base for the commissioned Brandon Brooks bowl. Can't wait for the copper to oxidize a bit!

$image.jpg

I tried a few blends at my local tobacconist today, and ended up leaving with two of the three that I tried. I like Frog Morton's Cellar, so I decided to try Dunhill Standard Mixture. I believe this is an English blend, and I really enjoy it. The other blend that I tried and bought is blended locally under the name "Golden Barley". It is a straight burley non-aromatic tobacco that was very pleasant to smoke. The third blend, which I did not enjoy was a cherry aromatic. I actually ended up getting a some bite from it as I smoked through the bowl.

I will post pictures of my acquisitions tomorrow!

Picked up a nice Straight Kirsten to match my bent. The pics make it a little hard to tell, but they're both a nice goldtone w copper lucite stems.

proxy.php

proxy.php
I just ordered one of these today after seeing them in the P&C email. A Kirsten Jewel with the bulldog bowl. I never heard of them before. Cool looking pipes. Are there any other places that sell them? P&C doesn't stock all their shapes.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I just ordered one of these today after seeing them in the P&C email. A Kirsten Jewel with the bulldog bowl. I never heard of them before. Cool looking pipes. Are there any other places that sell them? P&C doesn't stock all their shapes.

Sweet! They smoke great. Best place is direct from Kirsten. Otherwise, it's the estate market (and as of this week, P&C).

Top Bottom