What's new

Mühle's Black fibre?

Hi everybody

I'm looking into buying a new synthetic brush and looking at the Mühle Black fibre.
I allready own a Silvertip fibre and a Plisson fibre and enjoy them both very much. I have read alot of reviews for all three brushes.
Including some that compare Silvertip fibre with Black fibre, and also some that compare Silvertip fibre with Plisson.

But how do you think the Plisson compares to the Black fibre?

I do enjoy my Mühle Silvertip fibre 70 year anniversary LE very much. And even though I think Plissons look great, I think Mühle makes the best looking "stock" brushes (meaning not including custom made brushes) bar none (I think the design is very contemporary european styling. Like looking at a Mercedes or Audi.

Also I love synthetics, and Mühle and Plisson are known for having some of the best performing synthetics.

But, like some other reviews also have noticed, there are some things I have noticed about the Silvertip fibres. Like how mine seem to kinda push the lather out the sides of the brush. Where as the Plisson seems to spread the lather more even.
Anybody noticed this also in the Black fibres?
This is not a deal breaker for me, but still worth noting.

Also have anybody noticed this in the 25mm Silvertip fibre XL, which I'm also very interested in?

I now alot of people will suggest the Black fibre, because I allready own the 2 others, but I love them all so much that I still might end up buying another Silvertip or Plisson.

Any advice and opinions are wellcome and appreciated :)

I own the Black Fibre and the STF XL, both are great. I'd describe the BF as a Plisson with slightly more backbone. While it isn't my favourite brush somehow I use it the most, no idea why though lol

As for the lather question, I have never paid attention to that. I'll use the BF tonight for my head shave and try to figure it out.

Very interesting that you use the BF the most.
My STF 70 year anniversary LE, is my favourite brush, but somehow I seem to use the Plisson more.
So BF described as a Plisson with more backbone sounds sounds very enticing.

Please post here next time you use the BF. Very interested in the "lather being pushed out the sides" thing. I know I'm not the only one who have noticed this in the STF

Okay I used the BF today as usual for my head shave and took some pictures. I hope they help regarding your lather question. :001_smile

$DSC_0001.jpg$DSC_0002.jpg$DSC_0004.jpg$DSC_0005.jpg$DSC_0006.jpg

I wish I knew what kind of knot it actually was, but I haven't got mine yet, but Maggard's has a black knot now as well if you are after something cheaper? I haven't read yet on here of anyone who has one.

The BF I'm considering. A beauty I think!

http://www.muehle-shaving.com/en/Sh...e-handle-material-high-grade-resin-black.html

Can anybody help me out with posting pics when using a mobile (iPhone 5s)?

I have had the same brush you are considering for about 3 years. It is great ! I always find myself going back to it. I do wish I had gotten a larger knot, and still might buy the extra large, version I received a Plisson for Christmas. It is no better, and maybe, not as good as this Muhle.

Ron I

I own the Black Fibre and the STF XL, both are great. I'd describe the BF as a Plisson with slightly more backbone. While it isn't my favourite brush somehow I use it the most, no idea why though lol

As for the lather question, I have never paid attention to that. I'll use the BF tonight for my head shave and try to figure it out.
I have a black fiber and I would change the word "slightly" to "a lot!"

The BF I'm considering. A beauty I think!

http://www.muehle-shaving.com/en/Sh...e-handle-material-high-grade-resin-black.html

Can anybody help me out with posting pics when using a mobile (iPhone 5s)?
That's a nice looking brush.

I have the 21H 220 Rytmo in BF and I think it is a great brush. It has a TON of backbone IMHO. So much so that I prefer bowl lathering with it rather than face lathering. Here it is:
$Brush-Muhle21H220Rytmo.jpg
I don't think you are going to be disappointed and since you already use Muhle products you know the quality of their work. I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever brush you finally decide upon.

They may have changed since I bought mine but I bought a Black Fibre a couple years ago and it was really springy. I sold it.

I've been seeing more black (and now some white) fiber synthetics popping up from various places. Do we think these are different fibers? Or all the same just dyed differently? (Reminds me of boar brushes dyed to look like badgers)

My least favorite brush. It's not terrible but my favorite is the Muhle Silver tip 2.0, closely followed by plisson types.

I find the Muhle black fiber brush I have is too small, has too much backbone and springy so I feel that the brush is fighting me. However they look eye catching, elegant and unique and they dry out very quickly.

I'm giving it more use, perhaps it will improve a bit like Nathan Clarks Uberknot.

Top Bottom