What's new

I should have trusted my gut instinct. Now I feel foolish.

Fam,

I saw Croma Diamant blades (anyone heard of these German made blades?) on sale on Amazon for the unbeLIEVably low price of $10 for a pack of 200. I first thought, "these must be terrible if they're just giving them away" and so I did some research on various forums and like all blades, there were mixed reviews. So I decided to order a 10 pack from our friends at IB to see for myself. I was not expecting much. In fact, I fully expected to trash the blade and call it's momma nasty names but instead, I found that the Cromas (for me at least) are awesome! Less smooth than Astra SP but quite an acceptable shave. So I went back to Amazon and of course, they are no longer available and every shop (including IB) is selling them for around $.30- $.35/blade. WHY?? WHY didn't I just spend the $10?? AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! :glare:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
We've all done. Had a chance to buy a whole bag of Avon vintage aftershave for $5, maybe $10, or just one for a dollar. Bought one. Fast forward 2 years and I'm paying MUCH more. I'm the bigger idiot here, lol.

I look back at quite a few Ebay auctions and wish I'd have bid a little higher. There's always going to be missed opportunities and things that got away, but on a positive note there's always new stuff appearing as well.

Now your making me paranoid about my Astras... Maybe I should drop a $100 or so and buy a lifetime supply...

Fam,

I saw Croma Diamant blades (anyone heard of these German made blades?) on sale on Amazon for the unbeLIEVably low price of $10 for a pack of 200. I first thought, "these must be terrible if they're just giving them away" and so I did some research on various forums and like all blades, there were mixed reviews. So I decided to order a 10 pack from our friends at IB to see for myself. I was not expecting much. In fact, I fully expected to trash the blade and call it's momma nasty names but instead, I found that the Cromas (for me at least) are awesome! Less smooth than Astra SP but quite an acceptable shave. So I went back to Amazon and of course, they are no longer available and every shop (including IB) is selling them for around $.30- $.35/blade. WHY?? WHY didn't I just spend the $10?? AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! :glare:
Deals come and go all the time on Amazon. At least you know what to look for.

We've all done. Had a chance to buy a whole bag of Avon vintage aftershave for $5, maybe $10, or just one for a dollar. Bought one. Fast forward 2 years and I'm paying MUCH more. I'm the bigger idiot here, lol.
When I first started buying Avon. I was at a flea market and a guy had boxes of them for $1 each, I bought 4. The next day I went back and bought 4 more, same thing on day 3. The next day I was kicking myself for not just buying them all. A year later I saw him again at another flea market, I bought his remaining 24 for 50 cents each. It had to be almost everything I had left behind.:001_smile

FarmerTan

Deals come and go all the time on Amazon. At least you know what to look for.

When I first started buying Avon. I was at a flea market and a guy had boxes of them for $1 each, I bought 4. The next day I went back and bought 4 more, same thing on day 3. The next day I was kicking myself for not just buying them all. A year later I saw him again at another flea market, I bought his remaining 24 for 50 cents each. It had to be almost everything I had left behind.:001_smile

Yes, I am going on vacation in a few weeks. Will hit a few antique shops, estate sales, etc. Half the fun is in the chase!

FarmerTan

I look back at quite a few Ebay auctions and wish I'd have bid a little higher. There's always going to be missed opportunities and things that got away, but on a positive note there's always new stuff appearing as well.

Ditto!

+1. But it also goes the other way, when I wish I had tried a few of something rather than placing a large order!

FarmerTan

+1. But it also goes the other way, when I wish I had tried a few of something rather than placing a large order!

Amen. I ALMOST pulled the trigger on a bunch of Astra blades, 100 I think. Forget the price. Then I wised up and just bought a sampling of different ones. I learned what YMMV means, at a cheap price!

Croma is the only blade right out of the wrapper that drags on my medium normal beard. It does remove the beard eventually but, the drag is something else. I have 3 sample blades & each one was the same, this rules out a BAD blade. I would not buy any for myself & even the Dorco blades are better IMO.

Croma blades were featured on the "How it's Made" show from Discovery channel. I have tried the Diament blades from a sampler, and thought they were pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom