What's new

Planning ahead for my new addiction.

Was going to buy a shelf for the bathroom to put some of my shaving stuff I already have and future purchases on. I couldn't believe how much some places wanted for a simple shelf so I decided to build my own.

joints are soldered and shelves are sanded and stained. Tomorrow I will apply a waterproof clear coat to the shelves and mount/level the hardware to the wall.

$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

Sorry if if this in the wrong place, wasn't quite sure where it belonged.

[MENTION=88738]huskers[/MENTION] I thiink this is a great idea! Thanks for showing us your project. It doesn't look like it took that long for assembly at all. And I love your choice for the metal hardware...very industrial looking. Yes I am also interested in the finished project...and all that will rest upon it. :001_smile

I decided to change a few things up.

I decided to put some holes in the front of one of the shelves to hold some DE razors so I had to remake a shelf........still need to sand and stain it obviously.

Also, the galvanized hardware I was going to use must have some sort of an angle to the threads because they don't sit level.

Had to ditch those to get an even mount to the wall and bottom shelf.

I welded up some pipe nipples to some flat strap to use instead. Wondering if I should paint them or leave them, I kind of like them just the way they are?

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Here's tonight's progress.

Got the new shelf made and stained.

Soldered the rail together for the top shelf.

mounted the hardware to the wall.

Tomorrow will be a rail for the bottom shelf and start on the waterproof coating for the shelves.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Getting damn close, should be done before the weekend.

got the rail formed and soldered for the bottom shelf and also started putting varnish on the shelves.

i have a few more things that I didn't show you yet but when it's finished, you will see.

heres the shelves after a layer of varnish. The pics don't do the wood justice, the varnish makes them look great!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here she is, all finished up.

I made a little hook by flattening and soldering some copper tube which will be used to hang my shave mug or my new Georgetown scuttle that I am going to order.

The mason jar is my blade bank.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom