What's new

Castle Forbes creams

Anyone in love with the Cedarwood/Sandalwood cream? I'm considering ordering a tub. This stuff literally smells like the lumber area at Home Depot. Straight up lumber - that's what I smell - and not much else. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing - I actually kind of like it. It's either this, or Lavender - which I also like a lot. Tough choice! Not a fan of the lime ....

I've only used the lime and I ended up selling it on BST after, IIRC, < 5 uses. I just couldn't get it to work for me in terms of slickness--I ended up with too many nicks. I am hearing so much positive about them that I can't but think I must have been doing something wrong.

I did not like the lime scent either.

On the other hand, the scents and slickness of St. James creams are amazing. The problem with that one is it irritates my skin so I have a burning sensation during the shave which lingers on afterwards. Have you tried those?

I tried the CF Cedar/Sandalwood cream and the scent really put me off at first. Smelled just like a cedar sawmill. After a couple days I got used to it, plus I realized a little goes a long way so I was probably using less. That container lasted me four months of daily shaves. Excellent stuff but I'll try the lavender oil next.

Just ordered the CF Lime. Hope I'm not disappointed as that cream is $$$$.! I agree with the post on St James, except that it does not irritate my skin. The lather in St James is awesome! Maybe it was the blade? I use Wilkinson Sword Classic or Gillette Platinum Plus. No nicks.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Smells like plain lumber to me too, but the performance is wonderful. But I'd go for the other two scents.

Cheers, Steve

I got samples of all three a few months back. I like the cedarwood/sandlewood, but not as much as the lavender. If I HAD to pick one, first choice would be lavender, then limes, then c/s.

Top Bottom