What's new

Golden Age of Comic Books

Just reading this thread again...wonderful to reminisce about the comics of my childhood. I can remember staying up at night reading comics by flashlight...Superman, Batman and Robin, Green Hornet, Flash...such great characters. And then there was Archie comics, Classic Comics, and of course Peanuts.

I was also into comics as a kid in the 1950's and had accumulated piles of superhero comics primarily from '57-'63. I was especially into Flash, Green Lantern and Adam Strange (Mystery in Space), but had many others. In addition, friends and I used to scrounge a second-hand bookstore in a neighboring town for old comics like EC, golden age comics, etc. I went away to college in the mid 60's and came home after the first semester to find that my mother had tossed all my comics, along with shoe-boxes of baseball cards, and other bubble gum card sets like Mars Attacks. Years later, I liked to remind her that I could have been rich if she had kept her hands off my stuff. A few years back I picked up some DC Archives Silver Age hardcovers: Flash #1, GL #1 and Adam Strange #1-3. Didn't feel a need to get them all, just a small childhood reminder that now sit on my bookshelf.

Top Bottom