What's new

Dead Sea Soap

I'd have to pass on this soap being that I'm allergic to cannabis. Would end up the worst/last shave of my life.

This is going to be interesting.

Love Ahava Dead Sea products, their shave balm is the best I've found in terms of skin care though it smells Dead Sea funky.

Their soaps are great cleansers but the salts seem to really kill the lather so Joe must be weaving some real magic to get his "best ever" shave soap out of this ingredient.

Sounds more like Grateful Dead Sea Soap.
$planete_smiley_com_lol2045.gif

Cannabis oil is in the soap's ingredients, I'm not in the CONUS and this ingredient is making me uncomfortable to buy a tub. I think I'm going to take a pass too.

Cannabis oil is in the soap's ingredients, I'm not in the CONUS and this ingredient is making me uncomfortable to buy a tub. I think I'm going to take a pass too.

I honestly doubt there can be any problems. We have cannabis scented candles, creams and even soda, In some EU countries, it's legal to sell oil or seeds, but not the plant itself. As long as they can't be consumed as they are, I don't think they can consider them illicit drugs.

Many places here in the US are following Amsterdam's lead and decriminalizing recreational Marijuana use. While I am not a user, I have no problems with this. My only concern with this soap would be if it somehow screwed me up on a drug test, which I think is pretty well impossible so I will be trying it when it becomes available.

Many places here in the US are following Amsterdam's lead and decriminalizing recreational Marijuana use. While I am not a user, I have no problems with this. My only concern with this soap would be if it somehow screwed me up on a drug test, which I think is pretty well impossible so I will be trying it when it becomes available.
IIRC, the presence of cannabis can be detected in the blood for several weeks after its use...so if this does get into your system, you will have to forego shaving for a month before a job interview/drug test...:001_rolle

Seriously, I would doubt that there is sufficient concentration or exposure (shaving time) for this to be a problem. But I would be interested in the opinion of someone with more expertise (a very large group of people I assure you!)

Just don't smoke it or eat it...:blink:

IIRC, the presence of cannabis can be detected in the blood for several weeks after its use...so if this does get into your system, you will have to forego shaving for a month before a job interview/drug test...:001_rolle

Seriously, I would doubt that there is sufficient concentration or exposure (shaving time) for this to be a problem. But I would be interested in the opinion of someone with more expertise (a very large group of people I assure you!)

Just don't smoke it or eat it...:blink:

I'm reasonably certain cannabis oil poses no issues. I think the drug panels detect THC, which I do not think is present in cannabis oil.

Cannabis oil has no properties which make it Superior to say sunflower oil or any of the other oils that you can purchase for soap making. While it seems like a fun novelty soap I highly doubt it will be superior to any other soap currently available. In the United States we have access to hemp seed oil cannabis oil THC oil CBD oil etc. But I have yet to see any good soap come about because of it. Hemp seed oil is decent for lip balm AKA chapstick because it is rich in proteins and has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties whuch may protect against the aging process while soothing the skin.

Also FYI if it is true cannabis oil then it is a federal crime to ship the soap intrastate. You would have to hand distributed in States which allow recreational cannabis use however it would still be considered a federal crime so just a heads up. Also cannabis oil is typically extracted with butane and I don't care to put butane extracted anything on my face while shaving. You would want to make sure that it was a CO2 extracted cannabis oil. With all that said I will not be purchasing any.

that cannabis should be from hemp seed not marijuana. hemp has been used for years in beauty products. and is legal to port into the USA not legal to grow through still yet. at any rate its just oil from the seeds. hemp has very low THC can not get high from it of course. i can not see useing it as a shave soap how it would get in your blood steam anyways. i am a person thats strong against drug uses. to me a person who gets high looks weak. they can not deal with there stuff on there own. its just how i feel. but i would have no problem using this soap. http://www.leafscience.com/2014/09/16/5-differences-hemp-marijuana/
this soap i can go to the local supermarket and buy i have bought it hated it lol its a none lathering gel. but it has hemp oil in it.
https://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/SHAVINGGEL/SD0401.html

Just my .2 cent when they talk cannabis oil they are talking about hemp seed oil..Unless it says it has thc in it then it would be illegal at the fed level..

Dr bonners soap is a very good soap and no one has failed a drug test Becase of it..You can buy hemp seed and its oil at any Heath food store..

during ww2 we couldn't grow enough of hemp..Now days its forbidden..:mad3:

Last edited:
Top Bottom