What's new

Baume.be - yay or nay?

I use the soap with a lot of water, I soak a Badger brush in warm water and give it a couple shakes and just swirl the brush for about 20 seconds, I also place a couple drops of warm water before I shower.

It's a hard puck and doesn't lather well with just a damp brush, but if you use enough water it provides a great lather that is quite slick, it also makes for a great super lather adding a little cream.

I love the aftershave balm as well it's my second best performing aftershave balm with my first being my homemade aftershave balm of course =)

Last edited:
I use now creams exclusively and it is certainly in the top 5-6. I just do not like the consistency. I prefer way above this is Xpec which is now moved to my number 1 position, AdP, ABC and of course SMN. The performance of Baume.be is top notch, just for me not a great shaving experience.

I use now creams exclusively and it is certainly in the top 5-6. I just do not like the consistency. I prefer way above this is Xpec which is now moved to my number 1 position, AdP, ABC and of course SMN. The performance of Baume.be is top notch, just for me not a great shaving experience.
All wonderful creams

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I normally don’t notice a big difference in performance between creams. Cheap or expensive creams usually work great. I have always figured that there are too many variables with prep to blame a cream for being good or bad performance wise and I rarely have a bad shave.

I usually only like creams and soaps with strong scents that I enjoy. That being said, I don’t like the scent of Baum.be that much. Normally, that would kill it for me.....but, I think that Baum.be is truly a better performer than most. My face always feels great after using it. I think it’s awesome.

I also feel the same about Biotique Palmyra. It smells lightly of old bananas which is not a favorite except that it actually performs better for me than most.

Those are the only two creams that I love that have scents that don’t excite me so far.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I normally don’t notice a big difference in performance between creams. Cheap or expensive creams usually work great. I have always figured that there are too many variables with prep to blame a cream for being good or bad performance wise and I rarely have a bad shave.

I usually only like creams and soaps with strong scents that I enjoy. That being said, I don’t like the scent of Baum.be that much. Normally, that would kill it for me.....but, I think that Baum.be is truly a better performer than most. My face always feels great after using it. I think it’s awesome.

I also feel the same about Biotique Palmyra. It smells lightly of old bananas which is not a favorite except that it actually performs better for me than most.

Those are the only two creams that I love that have scents that don’t excite me so far.
Interesting. May I ask what creams perform better, and smell better?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Interesting. May I ask what creams perform better, and smell better?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I don’t think any creams or soaps perform much better than Baum.be or BP.

Tabac is a soap I think performs better than most and has a strong scent I like.

Xpec, TOBS Peppermint, rose, grapefruit Proraso green, GFT violet, several Stirling soaps, Palmolive cool, AGB, AOS eucalyptus and peppermint, Argo, Stone Cottage, Mystic water, CF and several Indian creams all smell great and have good scent strength. They all work fine. There are many others I like too.

I haven’t found performance to be linked to cost at all really. Especially with creams. I am not as familiar with soaps. I tried a few nice ones and if they had a weak scent I really don’t use them.

The pre-shave also, concentrated oils and fats and glycerin, what a pre-shave should be. Clear gel spreads easily, cologne-type scent, different and more prominent than cream and aftershave. All in heavy glass containers. Simple and chic 3 product lineup.

My other favourite brand is St James of London.

The pre-shave, cream, and balm are so good it’s hard to believe the soap is a failed product, although it’s not surprising as it contains mainly sodium instead of potassium. Still I’m really tempted to try it out. Maybe shoving it in a base of the cream, which would at least keep it still while loading.

Well I tried it. To ensure a sufficient amount, I just grated a small heap into a mug, added a bit of hot water and let soak and dissolve an hour. Whipped up with brush, lathered up easily, although lather was foamy.

As everyone has experienced the lather collapses on the face and vanishes. However it didn’t go anywhere, it’s there and it functions, very well at that, very slick. Usual 4-pass shave, post-shave feel comparable to the cream.

So, for now I don’t regret trying it, the puck is not expensive. But it is nowhere near the top of the list like the cream is. I won’t buy the soap again until I see more potassium in the ingredients, there are too many other soaps to choose from.

proxy.php

Yay!

No, I’m discouraged. I learned years ago that sodium shaving soaps are to be avoided, yet I sometimes still try them, thinking this time might be different.

I don’t understand that these soaps are still made and sold. I can’t believe their market is an endless stream of first-time buyers who throw them out. There must be something I don’t get. Baume.be is not some nothing brand found in flea markets.

Top Bottom