What's new

Can someone rank the available SE's?

How would you guys rank the SE blades in terms of sharpness or smoothness?

So far, I've found the Carbon Steel brands like Treet or ASR from the CVS chains. I've also seen places like Walgreen's carry the Gem Stainless Steel ones.

I can find a lot of rankings for the DE brands, but there is very little info on the SE blades.

How would you rate these?

I have used only the Gem Stainless available from Tryablade. They have a heavy and "substantial" feel to them. As for performance, I find they cut as well as DE blades. They are made of thicker material that stands on its own, but with only one edge to wear down they feel to me like they are ready to cycle out after 5 or 6 shaves, which is the same longevity that I allow for DE.

For me I prefer the Gem ss ptfe coated se blades. I get the most shaves out of these blades and it smoothens out compared to the se carbon blades after a couple of shaves in for me.

In the Gem SE world, life is easy - either carbon or stainless steel. As BSAGuy said, there is no significant difference between the two as far as shaving. Carbon will tarnish or even rust on you without care and stainless will not. Not like the DE world where thousands of folks have a lot of things to say about all the different brands of blades. Kind of similar in the other SE world with the Feather AC system.

Just enjoy the simplicity of the Gem SE blade world and concentrate on finding the SE razor that suits you.

I find the CVS SE blades to be harsh. Maybe the Treets or Gem SS will be better.

Ita hard for me to get more than 3 days in Carbon Steel blades and that is even after taking it out of the razor and drying it

All the SE blades have similar shaving characteristics. If I were to rank them, a large number of people would immediately disagree. Which one works best for you is purely a personal preference/YMMV sort of thing.

The best thing to do is try them all. Unlike the DE world, that is not difficult to do.

--Bob

Top Bottom