What's new

Hemingway Short Story in Maduro

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I didn't realize these were so hard to get. I had to order from two different suppliers in order to get two boxes for a large family gathering all next week.

My brother-in-law and I had already discussed our picks for the get together. So when one of the attendees posted a group message (which included my wife), I pretended like I was replying to my brother-in-law and said, "My wife doesn't need to know I spent $49 on cigars." He laughed, and now my wife thinks I only spent $49 on cigars. :lol:

Anyway, I can hardly wait till Friday. Gonna light one up and relax.

I didn't realize these were so hard to get. I had to order from two different suppliers in order to get two boxes for a large family gathering all next week.

My brother-in-law and I had already discussed our picks for the get together. So when one of the attendees posted a group message (which included my wife), I pretended like I was replying to my brother-in-law and said, "My wife doesn't need to know I spent $49 on cigars." He laughed, and now my wife thinks I only spent $49 on cigars. :lol:

Anyway, I can hardly wait till Friday. Gonna light one up and relax.

Well played, sir. Well played.

HSSM's have always been tricky to get. Not like Opus X or anything, but still in short supply. They are a great smoke. There is just something about a Cameroon wrapper that makes the whole thing much more enjoyable! Give a picture on Friday! Happy puffing.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Went through a box and a half and forgot to take pics. Very nice cigars though. Everyone who tried one loved them.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Well played, sir. Well played.

HSSM's have always been tricky to get. Not like Opus X or anything, but still in short supply. They are a great smoke. There is just something about a Cameroon wrapper that makes the whole thing much more enjoyable! Give a picture on Friday! Happy puffing.

Here's some pics.
View attachment 675839
$IMG_4773.jpg

I've enjoyed plenty of Short Stories, but never even saw a Maduro version in person.
I'd be sure and buy one if it ever shows up in front of me.

I'm just curious about why you got two whole boxes of one cigar for a family gathering? What criteria did you use to select this one stick? If it were me, I would have opted for a variety of brands and sizes and wrappers, maybe 5 of each, to ensure that everyone got something they'd like.

HSSM's have always been tricky to get. Not like Opus X or anything, but still in short supply.

This isn't entirely true. For some of us retailers, it's actually easier to get Opus and Anejo than Hemingway Maduro product. It used to be and I believe still is, essentially that for every 10 boxes of Hemingway product ordered at the IPCPR show you're allowed to order 1 box of Hemingway Maduro product split among the various sizes with the Short Stories being the most popular and thus is shortest supply. They're also only usually shipped to retailers twice a year right before Father's Day and right before the holiday season making them tough to get during other times of the year as well.

That sound amazing in Maduro. I love the ST's especially since I've been busy lately and don't have a the time for a nice long smoke. Though I guess I should make time.

Top Bottom