What's new

Russ Oullette Monthly Blends - Ending Forever!

If anyone likes some of the blends Russ Oullette makes at Pipes and Cigars, load up! I just got the email announcing that due to regulation change, his monthly blends are ending permanently.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I saw that too. Makes sense for Russ to focus on preserving his core blends instead of putting more energy into new blends right now. A sad consequence of the new regs, but surely only the first of many similar changes to come!

Saw that last night. I am torn between getting some and trying it while I can, and not bothering, in case I find something I like, but then will no longer be able to get more.

Ugh, that is sad, I enjoyed trying his new blends now and then just to see what new flavors he comes up with.
Bleh @ Regs

The first casualty of the tobaccolypse. I never tried his "monthly blends", but I haven't tried much Russ blended that I didn't like. Sad... and it's only going to get worse.

The first casualty of the tobaccolypse. I never tried his "monthly blends", but I haven't tried much Russ blended that I didn't like. Sad... and it's only going to get worse.

I fully expect the more popular tobacco blends to become Esoterica-like in scarcity once people hit full panic mode.

I fully expect the more popular tobacco blends to become Esoterica-like in scarcity once people hit full panic mode.

The good thing is, a lot of the most popular blends pre-date the arbitrary cutoff date of the new regulations, and so should not be affected directly. Although the prohibitive costs involved for the newer blends will no doubt be spread out as an increased cost to consumers across the board, the availability of the "old favorites" shouldn't be significantly impacted.

The good thing is, a lot of the most popular blends pre-date the arbitrary cutoff date of the new regulations, and so should not be affected directly. Although the prohibitive costs involved for the newer blends will no doubt be spread out as an increased cost to consumers across the board, the availability of the "old favorites" shouldn't be significantly impacted.

The only silver lining to this impending cloud is that even with the new price increases we still won't be paying exorbitant prices like the U.K., Australia, Canada, etc. I think it is just maddening what the perpetrators of the "greater good" are doing on a global scale.

I hate to say but I don't follow the pipe tobacco regulations. What regulations are you all referring too? I just live in the find it, like it, hoard it world :). In the near decade of pipe smoking, I never thought I'd own this many mason jars.

Thanks price, honestly don't know how I missed that one.

I cannot think of any pipe tobacco safe from that regulation.

I've tried some of his stuff that sells elsewhere, but not the monthly blends since P&C / CI won't ship to Washington state.

Wonder if this might also shut down My Own Blend? That will make me sad.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I did tear up a bit when I saw that announcement. This is among the "unintended consequences."

So, let's do what we do and many here have done: blend our own (or be happy with what we have).

One genius is somewhat quashed, but not all.

The majority of his monthly blends are aromatic. I think Yule Log is the only English.

Top Bottom