What's new

looking for feather as-d2 stand

I am new here and been searching for this for a while but could not find what I was looking for. Only found ones people have made or ones people were selling with the razor from like 3 years ago or older.

Does anyone know if you can get the stand separately and if so where from? Looking for one to to take up less room on my counter and they do look pretty nice.

Thanks guys. I found these but I was looking for the actual feather stand. I guess no one carries it separately. I appreciate the helps and the links. Looks like this is my best choice now to figure out if the rockwell one will fit. I think it looks the best. Hopefully its heavy enough so the razor doesn't tip

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I found these but I was looking for the actual feather stand. I guess no one carries it separately. I appreciate the helps and the links. Looks like this is my best choice now to figure out if the rockwell one will fit. I think it looks the best. Hopefully its heavy enough so the razor doesn't tip
I got one with my Rockwell 6 razor..It is very weighty..You will have no problems with razor tipping. No clue if your razor will fit..

Thanks man....guess only one way to find out

Yep - the "Standard" raw aluminum stand at Maggards works for my AS-D2. I usually lay it in the 'side' position, but it'll hold it standing up too - matches pretty close. I would expect any of the above linked SS stands would be enough to hold it - though I would also suspect the Feather one to have perfect tolerances and no 'play'.

Kind of strange that Feather doesn't sell the stands separately - they're not ones to leave money on the table

Someone should really make some SS stands like the "Standard" stand. The ATT inkwell is a beauty, but it's nice to have the option to lay the razor on it's side with the head suspended off the counter too.

The Rockwell stand came in about 5 minutes ago and the stand is bigger than the razor. The razor will sit upright but if it gets bumped the razor will tip over sideways. There is another thread in here the explains why they don't sell the stands separately. Basically the stand is bored at the same time the handles are made to guarantee the exact fit for that handle. That would explain why you cant find them separately.

The Rockwell stand came in about 5 minutes ago and the stand is bigger than the razor. The razor will sit upright but if it gets bumped the razor will tip over sideways. There is another thread in here the explains why they don't sell the stands separately. Basically the stand is bored at the same time the handles are made to guarantee the exact fit for that handle. That would explain why you cant find them separately.
But in today's world if the Japenese tolerances can't be had unless made at the same time then it makes you wonder about Honda engine parts doesn't it?

But in today's world if the Japenese tolerances can't be had unless made at the same time then it makes you wonder about Honda engine parts doesn't it?

This was always one of the complaints a body shop guy I knew had with Japanese cars. They were extremely well fitted when they rolled off the lot. But that's because they were hand fitted at assembly.

Unlike a Ford or a GM or a Mopar, for which you could go to a salvage yard and just get a quarter panel or a trunk lid to fit, he always had to work his butt off to make a repair on a Toyota or Nissan. Nothing 'just fit' like you'd expect.

So I have been trying to get my fiancee to use my AS-D2 to shave her legs so I have reason to get another one with a stand. Knowing what I know how I would have just gotten on with a stand the first time.

Anyone looking for a Feather AS-D2 with stand might want to take a look at a certain Dublin based seller. I couldn't find just the stand for my AS-D2 and I tried in vain to find other stands that might work. Nothing looked or felt right so I relented and bought a second razor and stand from "shaving.ie" a couple of months ago. Price was very reasonable, and shipping to Canada was quick. I happened to look again today, and the razor with stand is on sale. Bought another one as a gift :)
Just FYI, because I know several folks were looking for a stand.

What's wrong with using a vertical stand that holds the razor, handle down, on one side and a brush, handle up, on the other side?

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets

According to my actual measurement just now, the inner aperture of the ikon stand is two millimeters larger than that of the as-d2 stand, so there will be a lot of shaking after putting it in.
And the ikon stand uses aluminum alloy, the razor will easily tip over because of the lighter bottom. As-d2 stand is a heavier stainless steel base.

The only advantage is that the shape does look similar.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Could only find the Feather stand selling new with the AS-D2 razor. When I acquired my set from a kind B&B gentleman, he mentioned the stand was expensive and difficult to find solo. If you want one, I suggest offering to buy on B&B’s Buy-Sell-Trade. If that doesn’t work, scout the ‘bay, where one recently sold in GB for a princely sum.

Patience should pay off. Good hunting!

Top Bottom