What's new

Shea butter aftershave

I was bored yesterday and decided to play around to see if could come up with a decent homemade aftershave balm. I use shea butter by itself pretty frequently and took equal amounts of shea butter melted and Stirling Executive Man aftershave splash and mixed them together. I let it cool and it basically made a solid consistency shea butter with Executive Man smell.

It works well, but I'm wondering if anyone has tips for making this a bit more soft and spreadable. I don't know anything about this process so it's totally like working in the dark.

Of course, I have three Stirling aftershave balms in various scents and they are great, so one could say that I should just stop being a fool and use those!

Thanks for any help.

Captain Coarsebeard

maybe add some glycerin or witch hazel or olive oil? Or all three?
Emulate the ingredients in the Stirling balm?
Experiment! [emoji41]

Last edited:
Sounds like you are looking for whipped shea butter? As it starts to set you whip it up. I have usually added some other oils in small amounts, but might work well by itself. If you google something like "How to make whipped shea butter" I'm sure you will get some ideas.
Good luck!

You can whip it by itself with just a little air. It'll become a little fluffy and soft, but still needs body heat to soften it up to the point where it spreads easily. I haven't tried adding oil yet, but I'm told that adding various oils will soften it up an make it spread better.

Top Bottom