What's new

Thoughts on the ATT SE head?

I have an ATT kronos handle, wonder if I should get the SE head

I have a friend who has it, and he say it is too "mild" to his liking
What do you say? anyone tried the head with other than the original bambok handle and can give thoughts? (or even with that handle and give some thoughts about it)

I have one on order, but it has not arrived yet. I also have the ATT S1 and S2. They are mild, but extremely efficient shavers. I have many other razors, DE, SE, and Injector, but very few of them shave as well as the ATT. Just because it is mild, you should not dismiss it from consideration. My thought is, if you can find a mild razor that shaves as well or better than an aggressive razor, then get it.

I have one on order, but it has not arrived yet. I also have the ATT S1 and S2. They are mild, but extremely efficient shavers. I have many other razors, DE, SE, and Injector, but very few of them shave as well as the ATT. Just because it is mild, you should not dismiss it from consideration. My thought is, if you can find a mild razor that shaves as well or better than an aggressive razor, then get it.

I have the S1, really love it!
So maybe worth trying the SE1 :)

I have the Mongoose and the ATT SE. After using the ATT, I don't plan on using the Mongoose again. The ATT is higher quality, has a smaller more maneuverable head, and a wider range of effective angles. There isn't a single aspect of the Mongoose that I like better to be honest. The ATT SE is probably as good as an Artist Club safety razor can get. I love mine.

I've had my ATT SE1 for about 3 weeks, and used it for around 14 shaves. I've tried several handles in addition to the Bamboo handle that came with it: Maggard MR1, MR3, MR5, a custom red cedar handle, and my favorite (so far) a Jurgen Hempel Titanium Microfine 1.

$se1_Hempel1.jpg

Being made of titanium the Hempel handle is a full ounce lighter than the Bamboo handle, and about 3/8" shorter. It has the cleanest knurling I've ever seen on a handle, making it very "grippy."

I hate those "If you had to pick just one . . . " sort of questions, but if I did this would certainly be a contender.

Mild? It shaves like a mild razor but performs like an aggressive razor. I have yet to experience any weepers or irritation with this razor, yet it consistently delivers a BBS shave, often without me even having to do my usual touch-ups. This is using the Feather Pro blade. I tried a Pro Super for a couple of shaves and could feel the blade more, but there was not much difference in the shave.

I too am thinking about getting rid of my Mongoose - and I like my Mongoose a lot. The SE1 is essentially the same concept as the Mongoose, but better executed.

Essentially, the SE1 delivers the same shave as my Cobra Classic, but without the drama.

Of course, sometimes I like a little drama in my life. :w00t:

--Bob

If it delivers essentially the same shave as a Cobra Classic, then I am glad I ordered one. I like the Cobra very much, but I never could warm up to the Mongoose. It's a well-made razor, but lacks the character and flair of the Cobra, and doesn't perform as well for me. I'm really looking forward to receiving my ATT SE1.

Top Bottom