What's new

I just bought a lot of 4 razors on Ebay.

Captain Murphy can do it!
I was thinking you were looking for replate service.

I will at some point have the Red Tip replated. I already figured on going to Razorplate. Can't beat the price and I have seen a picture of a red tip he replated. Beautiful.. I just want to shave with it for a while first. 6+ weeks is a long time.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
It's a super speed. Your going to put out about $80 or more to repair and replate that razor. You could buy a heck of a nice example for far less. Food for thought. However, there is something wonderful about getting a newly refurbished and replated razor, and taking it for its first dance. It's like shaving with a brand new 75 year old razor. That can be priceless!

"The listing has now ended" - looks an awesome buy. Oh to have that issue. Living in the UK, I'd pay that for the Red Tip alone !

It's a super speed. Your going to put out about $80 or more to repair and replate that razor. You could buy a heck of a nice example for far less. Food for thought. However, there is something wonderful about getting a newly refurbished and replated razor, and taking it for its first dance. It's like shaving with a brand new 75 year old razor. That can be priceless!

I am not going to replate this razor. When it's all said and done considering how little I paid for these 4 razors, even with Cap doing a restore, I will have about $15 in this razor. And what's more, after I shave with it for a while there is a very good chance I am going to turn around and give it to someone here. Hopefully someone with less resources than I, who wants a vintage Super Speed.

Captain Murphy can do it!
I was thinking you were looking for replate service.

Man, you guys were right about Cap. He is a great guy. I got a very fast reply from him and the razor is boxed and waiting for the post office to be open so I can ship it to him. His rates are insanely affordable and he is as nice as they come.

"The listing has now ended" - looks an awesome buy. Oh to have that issue. Living in the UK, I'd pay that for the Red Tip alone !

The link was taken off eBay when I bought it. Most of the text and all of the pictures have been posted in this thread though.

I guess the issue with being in the UK is the international shipping? Tell you what, if you find a good deal on a razor you want I would be more than happy to let you have it shipped to me here in the US and then ship it to you via the USPS or whatever way you choose. In this day and age I am dumbfounded by the fact that some items have to be so much more expensive in whatever country. I mean we are all electronically connected now. I have routinely shipped US goods to my buddy in Amsterdam for that reason.

The link was taken off eBay when I bought it. Most of the text and all of the pictures have been posted in this thread though.

I guess the issue with being in the UK is the international shipping? Tell you what, if you find a good deal on a razor you want I would be more than happy to let you have it shipped to me here in the US and then ship it to you via the USPS or whatever way you choose. In this day and age I am dumbfounded by the fact that some items have to be so much more expensive in whatever country. I mean we are all electronically connected now. I have routinely shipped US goods to my buddy in Amsterdam for that reason.

That is so kind - I got your message. If/when the time comes (money budgeted/wife in a good mood) I will let you know. The postage ("shipping") cost is usually 2/3 of the item itself. But, there are advantages to being a British wet shaver...um...Oh, yes, Tabac is around 8 dollars a puck :001_smile

Last night I got an old friend interested in wet shaving. I am going to give him the Gold tech. I'm also going to buy him a synthetic brush a tub of Tobs and give him some blades.

Another friend of mine gave me one of these contraptions that used to belong to his grandpa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9VkRDfX6LY

Nice novelty/relic that will look cool on a display case.

I like the Star.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Just thought I'd post a little update. I have given the Star and the gold tech away and I have kept the Red Tip and the Super Speed. The Red Tip was in pretty good shape and a little elbow grease got it looking great other than some red paint missing/faded.

The Super Speed had a tight spot on the TTO in the middle and was a little rough around the edges so I sent it to Captain Murphy. What a guy that is. It is currently on it's way back to me, fully functional and looking a million times better. He sent a few pictures.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Just thought I'd post a little update. I have given the Star and the gold tech away and I have kept the Red Tip and the Super Speed. The Red Tip was in pretty good shape and a little elbow grease got it looking great other than some red paint missing/faded.

The Super Speed had a tight spot on the TTO in the middle and was a little rough around the edges so I sent it to Captain Murphy. What a guy that is. It is currently on it's way back to me, fully functional and looking a million times better. He sent a few pictures.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Looks fantastic, congrats bubba! :thumbup:

The Super Speed came from Cap today. That's the fastest shipping ever. It looks fantastic and functions perfectly. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom