What's new

Just had one of the best shaves ever.

I've been using Noxzema as a pre-shave and it works great. While cleaning out the cabinets I found a tube of Cremo that I bought 2 years ago and used it as a pre-shave with Catie's LPV. Holy cow what a shave.

Super smooth, no irritation. I usually only do one pass because I'm prone to in-growns. Occasionally I do two passes, but never three.

With one pass this morning, my face felt great.

This is facilitating my acquisition disorder and I just bought a travel size Cremo tube from Amazon to take with me on upcoming vacations to use as a pre-shave.

Captain.

Never tried creamo or really any pre-shaves. Are they super helpful. What brands are suggested? I normally just use a face scrub.

I keep on meaning to pick up a tub of Noxzema. Now I am curious about Cremo. Usually, I lather up a bit of the shave soap and apply to my face it with my hands - thats my pre-shave. I let it sit on my face for about 2 minutes, usually softens everything up nicely.

Never tried creamo or really any pre-shaves. Are they super helpful. What brands are suggested? I normally just use a face scrub.

It's definitely a YMMV thing. I notice a difference when I use a pre shave. I've used Noxzema for the past year and it's convenient because I also wash my face with it. Lots of threads on this but it's probably the glycerin in the Noxzema that helps. I wet my face and apply a thin layer of Noxzema into my beard and mustache areas and then lather right over it. I did the same with Cremo.

Captain

Top Bottom