What's new

My New Strop

It's not that I really needed a new strop. The one I have (a Bison) is perfectly adequate. It's just well, why not!
This one is a DYI project, there's just something about using a tool you made yourself.
The leather is horsehide, and the fabric is linen firehose. All the materials and hardware are stuff I found on eBay =)

Kinda looks a bit like my Bison... I wonder how that happened? =D
Now all I gotta do is rub a few Gold Dollars on it to get it going!

Last edited:

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Very nice work!
I like the decor too. "Smellin me some cornbread boss".

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Looks very practical. Well done indeed, if that is your first strop. It should serve you well for many many years, and is certainly going to be better than the average strop.

Thank you! I'll take it under advisement ;) Actually I've been thinking about a piece of 'Roo...
Yes yes yes. I know that I just said that I really like horse hide, but I really really like roo. I've been using a roo strop that I won at the Texas meet since mid February. I think that the fact that all of my razors have smiles is part of why I like the roo so much. The suppleness of the strop allows it to conform to a smiling edge very well.

I think that the fact that all of my razors have smiles is part of why I like the roo so much. The suppleness of the strop allows it to conform to a smiling edge very well.

Interesting! I've got a LeCoultre with a really pronounced smile and I did notice it was a bit difficult to hit the whole edge while stropping, but I've never tried roo leather.

Yes yes yes. I know that I just said that I really like horse hide, but I really really like roo. I've been using a roo strop that I won at the Texas meet since mid February. I think that the fact that all of my razors have smiles is part of why I like the roo so much. The suppleness of the strop allows it to conform to a smiling edge very well.

That's good to know! I have some smilers, and a few with a smidge of toe wear. I'll definitely be putting a 'roo strop on the to-do list!

Top Bottom