What's new

Report Muhammad Ali close to death

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I hope he pulls through as well. He's always been one of my favorite athletes. He's almost as legendary as you are, ouch.

That man is my idol. He was amazing in the ring, but that pales in comparison to what he's done since then. I will be crushed if he doesn't make it.

Muhammad Ali is greatest boxer in my lifetime as far as I'm concerned. He has been battling Parkinson's for three decades and is now deathly ill in a hospital bed. I hope they stop torturing the man needlessly on artificial life support.

Muhammad Ali is greatest boxer in my lifetime as far as I'm concerned. He has been battling Parkinson's for three decades and is now deathly ill in a hospital bed. I hope they stop torturing the man needlessly on artificial life support.
NBC is reporting he has passed.

He was a true Legend, one of a kind and will be missed.

Sad to see him go.

He was a real hero to me during my childhood in the '60s. He gave up the highest position in professional sports in order to take a stand on his principles. Shortly after his title was taken away from him, I saw him in a fairly obscure restaurant in Baltimore, purely by chance. I joined several people seeking his autograph, and could not believe how soft-spoken and humble he was in person. Later, in the '80s, when he still had his health, I was passing through the Minneapolis airport and saw him sitting with a crowd of little children, still gentle, soft-spoken, and humble. This is sad.

I remember a 60 Minutes feature of Ali (20 years ago, how time flys). Muhammad caught Ed Bradley by surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ali had a ton of memorable pictures but this was one of my all time favorites along with the story behind it. I have a framed 8x10 from about 20y ago, time to pull it out and see if my wife keeps it up this time.

To me, it is much more historic then him standing over Liston in their 2nd meeting.

proxy.php

It's not an original but I haven't seen another copy of this one anywhere. The photo was purchased on eBay.
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom