What's new

PIF: A Slim with Issues

I didn't expect this to be my first PIF.
<you don't have to read this rant>

What's up with me and the Slim? The first one I got was not good. The second one was good. It was quickly becoming my favorite razor. I love its weight, the way the handle feels.

The housekeeper came early today. Not the main housekeeper. Her assistant. Alone. I am very good at preparing for the housekeeper. I put my razors, brushes, bowls and stuff out of the way so they don't get messed with. Today she came early and I was out of the house. When I got back, my Slim was sitting in the wrong stand, my Semogue 1250 was being suspended by its bristles and I was like ... <insert profanity here />. :glare:

I picked up my Slim and it was messed up. She must have dropped it. She drops things. It's what she does.

The guard on one side of the Slim was at a different angle than the guard on the other. I tried to fix it per earlier advice and it didn't work out. It's not horrible, but I can't handle it. My OCD is all over me, even as I write this. My OCD gets triggered by weird stuff. My Slim was never in perfect condition, but I was fine with the way I got it. But once it was messed up, I can't handle it.

I'm sorry my first PIF is not some excellent stuff that everyone would want. I've actually been gathering stuff to do that kind of PIF. But this happened today.

Anyway, this is silly. It's a razor. I'll find another one that's OCD compliant. :thumbup1:

</you don't have to read this rant>

I want to PIF my Slim to someone that can fix stuff or can handle the issue with my Slim or something. Maybe no one will want this, I don't know.

It opens and closes fine, the adjuster works fine. It's just the bars that are wonky.

I'll end the PIF on Sunday evening since we're heading out of town for a while. This is limited to people that have been participating on B&B for a while, 200 posts or more. Just say you're in.

Here are some pics of the razor, current condition.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Not in. Great PIF! I already have a couple of Slims so it should go to someone else.
I've straightened a few and it doesn't look to bad to me.
My Ever Ready 1914 was a "project" PIF, and it is one of my favorite shavers now.
Good luck to everyone!

I'm in. I've repaired my bent fat boy and a super speed. Both deliver a superb shave. Thank you for the opportunity.

Top Bottom