What's new

I love Talisker 10yr what to try next?

So Talisker 10yr has really floated my boat. What can you recommend me to try next? Something along the same profile. I'm thinking Laphroaig 10yr might fit the bill.

Ardbeg 10. If that floats your boat, try Ardbeg Corryvrekan, or Ardbeg Uigeadail. All are very good, the 10 runs about $45, the others over $80.

Have you seen this chart? https://www.forwhiskeylovers.com/sites/default/files/user/20168/photos/Scotch chart.jpg

I would probably recommend (in no particular order) Caol Ila 12, Laphroig 10 or Quartercask, Ardbeg 10, Lagavulin 16 or Balvenie 17yr Peated Cask. Highland Park 12 is not an Islay but it does have a bit of peat in it and is usually a decent price. If your on a budget check out Black Bottle.

In the summer I tend to switch from bourbon and Islay scotch to gin and speyside/highland scotch. You may want to branch out and try some of those too. They can be quite light/smooth drinking.

Highland Park is my malt of choice, BUT
If you've tried the rest, try the best - good old fashioned Glenmorangie is a must for any malt drinker !!

Highland Park 12 is nice, but it's like Talisker Light. If you're looking to step it up, Ardbeg 10, Laphroaig Quarter Cask or Laphroaig 10. Ardbeg's my favourite.

Top Bottom