What's new

What's your SO (Smokus Operandi)

Simple quetion, when you go for a pipe or cigar, what's you S.O.?

For instance, I lay on a couch and zone out to music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of Florist....very mellow but interesting. Kind of reminds me of college.

i enjoy hanging out on my patio looking at B&B forum while smoking my pipe.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I usually smoke on the pain while having a drink or two, watching something on the iPad with half an eye, and surfing the web on my phone.

I tend to smoke on my patio listening to the Pipes Magazine Radio Show or reading Pipes & Tobacco Magazine. Usually with either water, a nice local bier. Occasionally I'll have a wee dram of the "Water of Life".

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I am not a regular pipe smoker, but I will grab a cob full of tobacco occasionally, after coming home late at night, in the wee hours of the morning and gear down from the occasional stressful night at work.

Sometimes I will puff on my pipe in my den, while I look at B&B and sometimes I will sit outside in the darkness of the early morning hours and listen to the birds when they first wake up. Then go take a shower, go to bed and get up and do it all over again.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have two SOs. I have a big deck on the back of my house 6 feet up, that looks back into the woods behind my property. There is nice foliage growth around my property line, and a variety of animal life lurking there. Deer, large turtles, fox, rabbits, etc. I put on some music, read my iPad, and enjoy a nice smoke.

The second SO is my local smoking lounge, the Smoking Dog. I love to go there in the afternoons once or twice a week and smoke a nice cigar and chat up the other regulars. There is often a lot of discussion about tech and music. It's a really great therapy for me.

Generally I'm driving, so I'm focused on the road. Water to drink.

When not driving I'm usually sitting outdoors (often late at night); again normally water to drink, occasionally soda or coffee and on a rare occasion a pour of something neat or with one ice cube. I don't normally read or watch anything. Just enjoy the quietude and let my thoughts wander.

Always on my back patio. If it's morning, I usually have coffee. If it's evening, I usually just smoke but occasionally I'll have a scotch or whiskey. I don't drink wine frequently, but I've found that red wine (and probably port) goes very well with English/Balkan blends.

I usually just spend the time in contemplation, but sometimes I'll read a book or listen to Pink Floyd.

In the warmer weather I like to sit on my back deck and smoke a cigar, by myself. Put my feet up, maybe a little low music and most of the time something to drink - water, hot/cold coffee or tea. A nice way to disconnect, relax and think (or not).

During the colder part of the year (NE USA) I smoke in the house, but less often. My kids are long out and, lucky for me, my wife likes the aroma and will generally taste the cigar after I first light it. My only problem is getting the residual odors out of the house during the period that the heat is running and the windows are closed.

Since moving to my new place, I've only smoked in my den. I'll either smoke while doing work or when I'm relaxing. If I'm relaxing, I'm probably reading something, so I'll have so light music on in the background that doesn't distract me.

I haven't smoked out on my deck yet. Ever since spring started, I've had a lot of bees and hornets around. It's one of the downsides to having a creek run through the back of your property. Plus... the bees are those huge ones and they're dicks. They're territorial as all hell and dive bomb me if I go outside. I need to figure out a way to keep them away so I can actually enjoy my backyard.

I have a covered area on my back patio, where about 90% of my smoking occurs, and I usually only have one bowl, at the end of my day. I pick out a pipe/tobacco combination (& take a POTD shot :001_cool:), then prep the leaf. I'll take a glass of water and usually another glass with something a bit stronger out to the porch & set it on the table next to my "smoking station" (ash tray, pipe cleaners, tamper, and an otterbox with matches and a lighter). Go back in and pack the bowl, and pick up either my tablet or a book. Out to the porch, light up, decompress.

:pipe:

I go for something to fit the mood. It's got to be something with some Latin flavor from days of smoking with the Cubans in Miami to the PR's in ATL

I have a special place where I can smoke my pipes and surf the net or read a book. Usually with a nice glass of homemade Southern, sweet iced tea. I smoke my cigars out on the back patio or in the van to and from work.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I have an enclosed porch on the front of my house that has become the seasonal smoking lounge. Complete with "that one couch that everyone's relatives had"
proxy.php

It's unheated so during cold months I have to go to the cigar shop or just brave the elements. My smoking time is usually spent on my tablet or PC in my quest to finish the internet.

Depending on the weather, I'm either on the back patio, or in the garage when I enjoy a cigar / pipe... Either way, I'm having a coctail or beer, or checking out B&B. In fact, that's what I'm doing now! Cheers!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Well, it depends on when I want to smoke.

I usually smoke in the house, but if it's nice out I'll go out on the back deck and just chill. This morning I had some Carter Hall in a Dr. Grabow with coffee. Then later some more Carter Hall...and right now having a nice Rattray's VA/PER in a Charatan, accompanied by nicely chilled beer, while I am perusing the Brown Leaf forum. I just smoke whenever I want to and with whatever I'm doing.

The majority of the time, of an evening, I sit kicked back in my easy chair and burn a bowl while watching T.V. My cat likes that (I have a strange cat). She will jump up on the footrest of the easy chair when she sees me pick up a pipe, and cuddle up next to my leg. She seems to like pipe tobacco smoke...she'll lick my fingers from time to time when I'm smoking. As I said...I have a strange cat.

And...this thread is worthless without pictures.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
And...this thread is worthless without pictures.

Tremendous understatement, good sir. Tremendous understatement.

If I'm home, I'll smoke out on my back patio. My local watering hole also has a good, open front deck and an enclosed back patio for smoking. I also have a couple of lounges I can head to. One has a decent outdoor area, and the other is nicer inside (but no outdoors).

Otherwise, I might be at a friend's place or I'm just catching-as-catch-can.

On weekends in the morning, it is a cigar and coffee on my back patio... Although the AZ heat may change that during the summer... My pipes though are occasionally throughout the week or weekend, often in the house as the aro's room note don't tend to linger too long, and often smell great!

Top Bottom