What's new

Picked up John Lobb shoes

Just had the final fitting done. Truly outstanding

proxy.php
proxy.php

Does this relate to another thread? I'd love to hear the back story. They look great. How do they compare to your favourite, off the shelf shoes.

Does this relate to another thread? I'd love to hear the back story. They look great. How do they compare to your favourite, off the shelf shoes.

I don't think this relates to another thread (at least not that I can remember or can find via search). The story behind the shoes are that I was in London late last August with a friend, and he had a pair of John Lobb's that he swore by. We stopped into the John Lobb shop on St James, and given that he hadn't purchased shoes in a number of years, they remeasured his foot for some new shoes. I got completely caught up in the whole experience and decided I needed a pair myself.

About a couple months ago I got a call from them that the shoes were ready and since I was going to be in the UK in May of this year, I just waited to pick them up when I was there (here).

The difference between these shoes and an off the shelf pair is to think of a bespoke suite versus an off the rack suit. The shoes are made to the shape of your foot, so when you put them on they fit your foot in all the right places - much like a bespoke suit fits one's body. I should note the shoe trees are also bespoke and made explicity for the shoes; in fact, they don't make them until after the final shoe fitting.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Excellent pickup. I would love to have a custom pair of shoes made. One day this dream will come true :)

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
When I saw the thread title, I thought ... "I picked up a pair of Lobb shoes, saw the price tag, put them down again gently, and backed away slowly."

In all seriousness, enjoy your great shoes!!

Top Bottom