What's new

French Press Coffee

I just got my first french press (a cheap one from Ikea). Since it was my first time, watched a few youtubes and read a few web sites. Thus properly intimidated, I gave it a go. Of course, I avoided some of the rules... didn't weigh my coffee, didn't weigh my water, didn't take the temperature of the water, used bagged/pre-ground Peets coffee... but I did sorta carefully measure and count the scoops, pre-heated the pot and cup, boiled the water, steeped the coffee a minute and then poured in the rest of the almost boiling water into the press for another 3 minutes, then plunged. And by luck, a few large cups of really delicious coffee.

I'll still use the Bonavita every morning, but I'll use the french press for the occasional coffee at night. Hopeflly I come close to the same quality of coffee in the future.

Press is an amazing forgiving method of making coffee which is why it is so popular.

You really do not need to "weigh" grounds. Just remember what you put in last time and if you liked it, just do it again. Too strong, cut back. Too weak increase grounds.

Hitting the same amount of water is no brainer. Just pour it in to the same level as last time.

Press is an amazing forgiving method of making coffee which is why it is so popular.

You really do not need to "weigh" grounds. Just remember what you put in last time and if you liked it, just do it again. Too strong, cut back. Too weak increase grounds.

Hitting the same amount of water is no brainer. Just pour it in to the same level as last time.

Ohmigosh! Haresy!
Hey, wait a minute. That's how I started. Umm, never mind, ya'all just haven't had time to develop these acquisition disorders.
Carry on!

Top Bottom