What's new

Your #1 absolute favorite and common "drug store" aftershave.

Your #1 favorite commonly found "drugstore" aftershave?

• Aqua Velva ice blue

• Aqua Velva musk

• Skin bracer by Mennen

• Brut

• Old Spice (regular classic)

• Clubman (classic)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Other: Barbasol Pacific Rush, with Brisk/Skin Bracer on the bubble. Can't do AVB, wife says it smells like her dad and that's just weird in my book.

I just got two bottles NIB of the European "Aqua Velva" in the large 7oz heavy GLASS bottles. On the back label, it says it's from Spain. When comparing the scents of the Spanish Aqua Velva to what we have in crap plastic bottles, the scents are noticeably different. The Spanish formula is a more "mellow" scent akin to a fine wine. Where the American formula is a stronger "in-your-face," "citrus" scent in my opinion. I like the Spanish formula much much better. It reminds me of the original Brut vs the old watered down Brut-33 version they came out with in later years. The Spanish AV seams to be a toned down version from our American formula. I have no idea if it's maybe an "original" AV formula. Perhaps someone here knows more about it. I just like the heavy glass bottle.

$image.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the ingredient difference between the two... Notice that the Spanish one is also a lighter shade of blue.

$image.jpg

$image.jpg

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Skin Bracer by Mennen for me and I would put Aqua Velva Sport (green version in Canada) on the same step!

Not too common internationally, but ACO aftershave is readily available in Swedish drug stores.

proxy.php

Strong alcohol sting and smell initially, but when that settles it's got a clean and fresh scent that reminds me of Truefitt & Hill's Grafton. The scent doesn't last very long however, but still good stuff for six bucks. And it is, as it says on the bottle, refreshing and cooling :)

I'm surprised at how so few votes Brut has received so far. I thought there would be a larger following.

Top Bottom