What's new

Yeti Coolers

I have two. They keep cold much better than less expensive coolers but you need to "pre-cool" them for the long term ice holding. Once they are cold they hold ice for days which is ideal during hunting season when you don't have fridge or freezer space. That said, there are similar designs out now that are significantly lower cost and my guess will perform very well. (I'm done as my two Yeti's will last forever).

Their tumblers and thermos are awesome insulators also.

Tom

H-B.O.M.B.

As has been said in previous posts --- they are useful if you live an active lifestyle which requires long periods of time in between cooler ice fillings. My family and I have gotten a lot of use out of our two Yetis, but YMMV.

Well, an update,... we went with a Coleman, metal sided cooler, I think around $100 at Target..keeps ice just like I remember, maybe a whole day.. but the next day you better run and get ice...
But I did go with the RTIC tumbler, which works really well...
Still no Yeti, but you never know...

I know a lot of people comment on the durability of the coolers as well. They are definitely built to last, and they are worth it for long trips where ice might not be readily available. But seeing how I don't plan on throwing mine off the back of a moving pickup, I'll stick with cheaper options. :)

like yeti soaps and beer!

$yeti soaps-8477s.jpg

Waiting for the clone(s), which are coming.

Do have the koozie and must say, top-notch in build and use.

AA

There is a clone that keeps popping up in my FB feed called RTIC Coolers. It looks like they are exactly half the price of every Yeti model. I have no idea if its as good, but the comments seem pretty positive.

Actually, this video seems to demonstrate the RTIC outperforms the Yeti.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHp6k2Wae3s

If you really want the best though, I've been reading that Pelican blows the roof off of both brands.

Last edited:
Coleman Extreme coolers are almost as good as Yeti, and their competition, in the online tests. I have a couple sizes and don't have a Yeti to compare to, but they're well worth it. I bought a larger one for $65 at Wal-Mart and it kept ice and food for about 4 days on a camping trip up here. Highs were in the 70s, lows in the 50s. Days were about 17 hours long, so not a whole lot of 50* time. We were in and out of it around meals, but not really any other times. I still had half a cooler of ice on day 4 and started about 75% full. I pre-chilled with 2 bags of ice the night before the trip.

Is the Coleman Extreme a Yeti replacement or competitor? Nope. It is a better buy for the weekend warrior or for afternoons at the lake. You wont' be able to drop one off your tailgate going 70mph down the highway, but it'll do well for a weekend of camping while saving you hundreds.

Top Bottom