What's new

Which Proraso color for a 1st tube?

I'm looking at Proraso creams, and I can't decide between the Red, Blue, Green, or the White soap?

Whats good for a first? I hear that some ppl find the Green to be too much menthol for daily use.

I've also heard that the soap is just a dehydrated version of the Cream, and they're the same product

I heard the Blue and White Proraso also have some Menthol, but it's a little more subdued.

I'll have to find a good place to order online. I can only get the Green (CO Bigelow) in store in my area.

Blue defiantly blue. The green is a bit much and the white is blah. The red soap is great but the red cream isn't as nice. The blue takes the best of them all and puts them into one cream. Not to much menthol and just enough scent. If only they made it in a soap.

The white is my favorite followed by the green. I didn't like the fragrance of the blue and red but YMMV

The white has the best scent and performance for me.

Blue defiantly blue. The green is a bit much and the white is blah. The red soap is great but the red cream isn't as nice. The blue takes the best of them all and puts them into one cream. Not to much menthol and just enough scent. If only they made it in a soap.
I respectfully disagree. The White definately has a more menthol feel than the blue, but not as much as the green. The red has nothing but sandalwood. To me, the blue is the mildest of the bunch with just a clean, almost "Ivory soap" aroma. It's a very plain scent. The Blue also reminds me of the laundry detergent fragrance called "clean linen" or something to that effect.

I bit the bullet and decided to order the Red for $10 with shipping included.
I wonder how long a tube will last.

Bath and Body Works has these for $10 a tube as well, and it is also 5.2 Oz.

Do u guys consider Proraso to be good bang for the buck?

White is my favourite, a very subtle, almost neutral scent, slick and plenty of cushion - I love a "Santa Beard" lather, this stuff lathers like a pro !!
A nice tingle from the menthol, not as strong as the Green, but enough for a nice "heart-starter" 1st thing in the morning

Out of the other 3 , Green is my 2nd favourite, Blue 3rd and Red 4th

If in doubt, bite the bullet and go for a job lot of all 4, a lot of sellers will give a substantial combined shipping discount

You cant go wrong with the Red, Blue or White. All are very nice. I like the Red best for scent and the blue best for performance. I'd skip the green if it where me. I find it has a very off putting smell similar to vic's vaporub

Performance-wise, it's a wash, they're all excellent and none are noticeably different from the others to me. I've used all of them except the white which sits patiently on my shelf waiting for its first use. Those who say that the green has too much menthol to use on a daily basis must be very sensitive to menthol. The menthol is noticeable but by no means is it too strong or approaching being overpowering. Red is my favorite, I love the scent. Green is my 2nd favorite, I love the menthol. The blue would be last for me and the white could possibly displace any of them or not whenever I get around to trying it.

Yes, Proraso is a great value for the money! $10 delivered was a good price. Bath And Body sells the green under the C.O. Bigelow label and they regularly put it on sale where if you buy 2, you get 1 free. I think that brings the cost down to around $6-$7 a tube.

All are great. I have so much new gear and yet last 5 shaves using Proraso blue cream with semogue 1470 boar. Beautiful scent, thick lather, great post shave feel. My vote is for the blue.

I respectfully disagree. The White definately has a more menthol feel than the blue, but not as much as the green. The red has nothing but sandalwood. To me, the blue is the mildest of the bunch with just a clean, almost "Ivory soap" aroma. It's a very plain scent. The Blue also reminds me of the laundry detergent fragrance called "clean linen" or something to that effect.
I agree

Green, or Blue, IMO.
Green has the least added fragrance/parfum, but it does come across as brisk due to the eucalyptus/menthol.
Blue, and White evoke that "clean laundry" vibe, although the latter is overly synthetic to my sense.
Red has a very nice sandalwood scent, but its performance is a bit below that of Green, and Blue, I find.

I bit the bullet and decided to order the Red for $10 with shipping included.
I wonder how long a tube will last.

Bath and Body Works has these for $10 a tube as well, and it is also 5.2 Oz.

Do u guys consider Proraso to be good bang for the buck?
Yes, it's a great cream for the price without a doubt. Some don't like Proraso products due to the SLS detergent and it can ve an irritant for some but most people have no real issue with it. Give it a shot and see if you agree that it is a good product.

Top Bottom