What's new

Longevity of Kiss My Face

How long does a 11 oz pump bottle of Kiss my Face Last you guys? I am on a budget and someone suggested the 11 oz bottle for 7 dollars at Walgreens, but wanted to know if I would go through it faster than say an fragrance free artisan soap.

welcome, sir, to B&B!
for shaving on a budget, it's hard to beat a puck of either Williams or Van de Hagen, or a stick of Palmolive.
IMO, those will both outperform and outlast any bottle or tube of KMF.

welcome, sir, to B&B!
for shaving on a budget, it's hard to beat a puck of either Williams or Van de Hagen, or a stick of Palmolive.
IMO, those will both outperform and outlast any bottle or tube of KMF.

I have tried Williams, Arko, and Van and my face just cannot take the fragrances :(

Not sure what would last longer - a couple of big bottles of KMF or 3 for $12 CO Bigelow at Bath + Body Works.
Either way you're getting a few months shaving.

1-2 full pumps of KMF in a lather bowl should make enough lather for a three pass shave. (I also mostly use it, one pump at a time, for superlathers.) I am not sure how much is dispensed per pump, however.

Honestly, a puck of soap, once you have its water to product ratio dialed in, will probably be a better bang for your buck. I gather, from reading posts here on B&B, that soaps tend to have a lower cost per shave than creams.

I have tried Williams, Arko, and Van and my face just cannot take the fragrances :(

Understood.
With such sensitivity, you might want to relax the budget constraint in order to get a really mild, skin-friendly shave cream.
That could also require some experimentation.
Happy hunting!

Understood.
With such sensitivity, you might want to relax the budget constraint in order to get a really mild, skin-friendly shave cream.
That could also require some experimentation.
Happy hunting!

On that note...

TOBS Natural cream might be an option for you to consider. It does not appear to contain any Perfumes.

http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Taylor-of-Old-Bond-Street-Shaving-Cream-Bowl-Natural_p_2559.html

It is around $15 for 150 grams, which should last a while. Also, until noon Pacific Time on 5/8/2016, WCS is offering a 15% off Flash sale on TOBS creams (coupon code: TOBS).

Just a thought.

Pick up some Stirling Naked and Smooth. While I'm not allergic to fragrance, my face certainly prefers unscented soaps. I love the Stirling as well as Mike's Natural Unscented. The Stirling will ship faster and seems to last longer for me than the Mike's did.

Go with the KMF. It will last just as long as the majority of the artisan soaps. It will also outperform most of them. I've gotten it on sale at my local grocery store for as little as $4.99. The first time I used it, it was obvious that it was a better performer than the majority of the expensive soaps and creams in my den. 1 pump will easily get you 4 to 5 passes and it doesn't contain anything that will irritate your skin. If they packaged it in an expensive glass jar, shipped it from Europe and jacked the price up to $70.00, folks on here would be raving about it.

Go with the KMF. It will last just as long as the majority of the artisan soaps. It will also outperform most of them. I've gotten it on sale at my local grocery store for as little as $4.99. The first time I used it, it was obvious that it was a better performer than the majority of the expensive soaps and creams in my den. 1 pump will easily get you 4 to 5 passes and it doesn't contain anything that will irritate your skin. If they packaged it in an expensive glass jar, shipped it from Europe and jacked the price up to $70.00, folks on here would be raving about it.

Haha I got some tonight and did a night shave. They did not have the unscented, but I got the lavender because I wanted to see if lavender would irritate me since I think the lavender scent is actual lavender and not synthetic fragrance. It did really well and only took two pumps in my Stirling synthetic! I think I will keep a 11oz bottle on hand for stand alone or super lather shaving, but I think I will get the unscented for good measure. I had pucks of Stirling naked and smooth and Mikes unscented, but I wanted a cream for days that I am in a rush.

Haha I got some tonight and did a night shave. They did not have the unscented, but I got the lavender because I wanted to see if lavender would irritate me since I think the lavender scent is actual lavender and not synthetic fragrance. It did really well and only took two pumps in my Stirling synthetic! I think I will keep a 11oz bottle on hand for stand alone or super lather shaving, but I think I will get the unscented for good measure. I had pucks of Stirling naked and smooth and Mikes unscented, but I wanted a cream for days that I am in a rush.

I have a bottle of lavener that is a couple of years old, only used for superlathers, you may have to clean out the nozzle if it dries in there.

How long does a 11 oz pump bottle of Kiss my Face Last you guys? I am on a budget and someone suggested the 11 oz bottle for 7 dollars at Walgreens, but wanted to know if I would go through it faster than say an fragrance free artisan soap.

I use one and one half pumps of KMF. This yields 132 shaves. At $8 per bottle, this means the per-shave cost is $0.061. As many people have figured out intuitively, KMF is extremely inexpensive.

Top Bottom