What's new

Minimalist Splashes Out!

Thanks to [MENTION=109887]Bumpymacaroon[/MENTION]’s post (and help) in the “Show me your razor blade bank!” thread I went mad and purchased 5 x Mini 20ml Sliding Lid Storage Tins (60mm x 36mm x 11mm).

Here’s what I’ve done with them:

$Blade-Bank.jpg

TinUse
Used BladesBlades that I might revisit
Misc Spare BladesMainly double-ups of trial blades
Trial BladesA variety of blades for trialling (in trial order)
Next IPNext Personna Red (my current benchmark blade)

My blades now take up as much space as the rest of my kit!

$M.jpg

Have you had any inexpensive purchases that you’re really pleased with?

Thanks to @Bumpymacaroon’s post (and help) in the “Show me your razor blade bank!” thread I went mad and purchased 5 x Mini 20ml Sliding Lid Storage Tins (60mm x 36mm x 11mm).

Here’s what I’ve done with them:

View attachment 656414

TinUse
Used BladesBlades that I might revisit
Misc Spare BladesMainly double-ups of trial blades
Trial BladesA variety of blades for trialling (in trial order)
Next IPNext Personna Red (my current benchmark blade)

My blades now take up as much space as the rest of my kit!

View attachment 656415

Have you had any inexpensive purchases that you’re really pleased with?

Cool but, "May not ship to United States".

May not ship to United States

You said splashes, and I thought this was going to be an aftershave thread.... bummer. Cool tins though.

You said splashes, and I thought this was going to be an aftershave thread.... bummer. Cool tins though.
I'm now thinking that "splash out" may not be a North American phrase. And if not, I apologize.

You see KJ, once upon a time, us Brits thought that everyone understood us. And if they didn't, well, they'd just have to learn.
I know the British Empire still lives, but not "in your face" like the old days. :a24:

I'm now thinking that "splash out" may not be a North American phrase. And if not, I apologize.

You see KJ, once upon a time, us Brits thought that everyone understood us. And if they didn't, well, they'd just have to learn.
I know the British Empire still lives, but not "in your face" like the old days. :a24:

Don't worry, we'll teach you how to speak English! :001_tt2:

Ah, thanks for the link. I've conversed with many Brits online and in person. I worked with a few Brits every day for 6 months in Afghanistan. I can honestly say I've never heard that phrase before.

Don't worry, we'll teach you how to speak English! :001_tt2:
I'm certainly up for learning American English Toby. Mind you, that's been the case for as long as I can remember. I always remember my "big" cousin Hal getting a "Webster's Collegiate Dictionary" for a Christmas present and thinking that was so cool. I think I was about nine at the time (like 60 years ago!).

I come from a bookish family and since early adulthood have always purchased the latest Webster's Collegiate (until recently when it's all online). All the above probably goes to prove that I'm a Scot, as our English brothers didn't seem to be too America friendly all those years ago. It's sure amazing how things have changed over the years. And heck, I live in England and enjoy it!

I'm certainly up for learning American English Toby. Mind you, that's been the case for as long as I can remember. I always remember my "big" cousin Hal getting a "Webster's Collegiate Dictionary" for a Christmas present and thinking that was so cool. I think I was about nine at the time (like 60 years ago!).

I come from a bookish family and since early adulthood have always purchased the latest Webster's Collegiate (until recently when it's all online). All the above probably goes to prove that I'm a Scot, as our English brothers didn't seem to be too America friendly all those years ago. It's sure amazing how things have changed over the years. And heck, I live in England and enjoy it!

But you're not supposed to like the Brits!

BTW [MENTION=89729]TobyC[/MENTION] does plastered mean the same to you as it does to me over the pond?

Once upon a time, us Brits thought that everyone understood us. And if they didn't, well, they'd just have to learn

I worked with a Brit once who joked that if the foreigners didn't understand, then the Brits would just say it again, louder.

England and America are two countries divided by a common language.

This is attributed to George Bernard Shaw, but he never actually said it. I bet he wishes that he had.

England and America are two countries divided by a common language.

This is attributed to George Bernard Shaw, but he never actually said it. I bet he wishes that he had.
I bet he's past caring.* :wink2:

* George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950

DIGRESSIONS APART (back on track)
And bearing in mind that "Splashing Out" is English English for "spending money freely."
Is anyone going to tell us about an inexpensive purchase that they're really pleased with? :001_rolle
And of course we always love pics. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom