What's new

Line Dried Laundry

I work second shift, so I get to bed late. I find the best time to kill a nest is at 2 AM or so. I have killed literally thousands of wasps over the last 5 years, and have never been stung.
Later in the week I found two more ground nests in the front of the yard. After the second massacre I thought, "gosh I hope god isn't a hornet . . . . " lol

Go ahead and line dry them. Just prior to or just after they are dry (I mean don't leave them hanging in the sun for 2 hours after they are dry) take them off the line and put them into the, gasp, dryer but do not use heat or cling-free-sheets just air. Add a few tennis balls or similar things to jostle them a bit. The idea is to agitate them a bit. It's not as soft as dryer with dryer sheets but they are still softer and have that clean smell of line dried. It doesn't work as well with towels with really tight weaves but we have had good luck with it. :idea:

I'm not going to promote a particular product, but wool dryer balls work very well for this. Just google.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Larry:
I remember as a boy 'hanging & bringing in the laundry' as one of my 'chores' (hated it), but since then I wouldn't line-dry my laundry because of the high rates of pollen in the air (don't want it in my clothes...I have allergies). :blush:
proxy.php
"Laundry today...or naked tomorrow". Anonymous

Thought about bugs, but hadn't considered pollen, Chris. Luckily, Im not plagued with allergies.

Top Bottom