What's new

GSB vs. NACET

Boy, that's a tough one. They are both excellent. I would love to pit them against one another in a side-by-side comparison. My guess it that the GSB would win. It's probably my favorite blade. But that Nacet is no slouch.

For me the Nacets don't last as long as GSB. GSB tends to feel smoother but oddly gives me irritation no matter what. In contrast the Nacets give me very little if any irritation, sometimes even if I make a mistake.

Sharpness wise I think the Nacet feels sharper at first but the GSB last for more shaves in my usage. So it's kind of a tossup in my opinion.
I tend to be able to buy Nacet blades for less than GSB's so they are more often purchased by me.
I like them both and could use either one exclusively if need be.
:thumbup:

Hmmm I would say the Nacet because it feels a touch smoother to me.
Nacet-99.9% excellent
GSB-99.8% excellent
It's that close to me

GSB. Both sharper and smoother. Nacet is good, but more like an improved Astra SP although quite similar. Its very slight roughness can come across as sharper. But shaving the last bit of stubble with very light strokes and no irritation is a good test and GSB wins that handily. Nacet takes a bit more effort. But the differences between the two are slight. So Nacet is a better buy in bulk. But I don't find the cost difference very large, so I'm stocked up on both.

I've only tried Nacets, which I like, but can't afford to buy on a regular basis
I've always fancied GSBs, but they're too expensive, for the price of 100 GSB, I'd rather buy 200 of something that I know works for me

When I talk about Nacet, I mean this one:

$gillette_nacet_stainless.jpg

GSB are very good blades, but compared with a Nacet they are a second winner only. Imho Nacets are the best modern blades currently available. Very sharp, extremely smooth, good stamina, simply a perfect blade. I'm using them in a mild Timor CC razor.

Top Bottom