What's new

Just Finished Cleaning Out My Medicine Cabinet

Tonight I decided to clean out my medicine cabinet to make room for some new shaving supplies. I had totally forgotten about the following which I found in the cabinet while weeding out long expired medicines:

Old Spice After Shave Lotion in the 9 1/2 oz. glass milk bottle, approximately 50% full, circa 1987
Old Spice After Shave Lotion in the 2 1/4 oz. plastic travel bottle, approximately 20% full, circa late 1990's
Aramis After Shave in the 4 oz. glass bottle, 90% full, circa mid 1990's
Aramis moisturizing after shave,in the 2 oz. plastic bottle, 80% full, circa mid 1990's
Giorgio Extraordinary Moisturizing Shave Cream, in .75 oz. travel plastic tube, 30% full, circa mid 1990's

I also found some small travel glass bottles of Aramis and Giorgio cologne.

I was hoping to find some Aqua Velva in the glass bottle but did not. I've been thinking of getting some in the plastic bottles they use now and may get a small one to see if I like it.

I don't remember how the Giorgio Shave Cream or the Aramis After Shave in either the cream or liquid were but I will find out soon.

I do remember the Old Spice After Shave and really liked. I stopped using After Shave and Cologne around 2000 when my wife informed me she didn't like them. I should have put up a fight but wimped out. I informed my wife tonight that I will start using After Shave and Cologne again sparingly and she seemed okay with it.

Somewhere around here I have an old toiletry travel bag that hasn't been used since around 2000 and I will try and find it to see what is in that.

The medicine cabinet is a little larger than average but not really big. I almost never go in there. Last night I was trying to make room for some new shaving supplies as the shelf I use is mostly filled up. I found a bunch of expired medicines and some old shampoos of my wife's that she no longer wants so was able to get some open space in the medicine cabinet.

Since I'm in the spring cleaning mood I went through one side of the sliding double door closet in the hallway leading to the bathroom and came up with an old 5 oz. glass bottle of Aqua Velva Ice Blue 90+% full and an old 7 oz. glass bottle of Williams Lectric Shave 100% full. I used to really like Aqua Velva and probably still will ... I'll find out soon.

Here's a couple of photos. I hope they show ... I 'm new to this uploading of photos to forum posts.

Attachments

• $Old_After_Shave_04302016_2.jpg
    $Old_After_Shave_04302016_2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 123
  • $Old_After_Shave_04302016_3.jpg
    $Old_After_Shave_04302016_3.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 123
That AV bottle is awesome!
I find it a bit interesting that you "lost" these for so long. I guess I have moved too much in my life...
Congrats!

[MENTION=102039]Jaidmaster[/MENTION] - They weren't so much "lost" as hiding in somewhat plain sight. I rarely go into the medicine cabinet and there were shampoos, and other miscellaneous items, standing in front of them. You're right ... if and when I move God only knows what I will find.

Yesterday morning I used the Williams Lectric Shave as an AS for the first time and liked it. I don't want any real fragrance weekday mornings as I'm headed to work. What little fragrance the Lectric Shave delivers is dissipated within 15-20 minutes and only a subtle hint of it remains. It does do a nice job of tightening the skin after a shave and feels good. I'm going to keep using it during the week.

Top Bottom