What's new

Chiseled Face Santa Paula

I love citrus so I picked this up to go up against wsp citrus blast and hydra. The problem is it's not that kind of citrus, but that's not a bad thing! To me it smells like your walking the back 40 of an orange grove, very earthy and not the bright or sweet citrus of the other two...I like it! Also being my first Chiseled Face product I was very surprised at how easy it was to get a great face lather going. Imho, if you like Fine L'Orange Noir you will definitely like this. $20160428_102551.jpg

Imho, if you like Fine L'Orange Noir you will definitely like this.

As I was reading your post I thought "I bet that would go great with L'Orange Noir!". I'm a big fan of Fine AS as well as CF soaps, and having just replenished my L'Orange Noir supply, I guess I'll have to add this soap to the mix. Thanks for the review!

There must be some interesting cosplay at that one! :001_smile

I like some of the Chiseled Face AS, but haven't tried the soap yet.

Want it real bad, but i can't. I'm literally trying to get through the 70 plus soaps I have. I'm just loading them extra now for no reason just so I can finish them.

The castor oil aids in faster lather from what I have read. Thank you for the review and I'm glad you like the scent, it's on my must try list.

I don't have quite as much soap as you but I'm also in the load it like you hate it phase. I'm still planning on a small den clearing of the soaps I don't get much rotation any more.
Want it real bad, but i can't. I'm literally trying to get through the 70 plus soaps I have. I'm just loading them extra now for no reason just so I can finish them.

Sante Paula is a very nice unique citrus scent. I agree that it is not what I was expecting, but is light earthy citrus scent. As always the performance is top notch.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
The scent isn't a true citrus...

I think the note that gives that impression is the petitgrain and the bitter orange. Being from the leaves of the Bergamot Tree instead of the rind or blossoms it has a green, woody note. Add the bitter orange into the mix and it doesn't have that sweet "Sunkist" orange scent that is so familiar. The first time I smelled it I though something was off as it had a bite that surprised me but the more I use it the more it has grown on me. I love it!

proxy.php

Last edited:
Haven't gotten to try this one yet. But I picked up CF's Summer Storm, and I absolutely love it. It's going to be my go to scent for the warm months.

I didn't care for the smell of it when I was at Maggard's. Chiseled Face has some very earthy manly scents, though. I should probably get a sample of it and lather it up. I wasn't overly impressed with the smell of Ghost Town Barber, but once I shaved with it, the smell changed. I really like it.

They make a great soap for sure. Excellent slickness and great post shave feel.

I have Chiseled Face Sherlock with matching AS and scent is manly and amazing, Ghost Town Barber and Sandalwood. Great artisan and high quality product. Definitely recommend you try the AS as well!

Chiseled Face makes my favorite soaps. I desperately want more of the sandalwood if anyone has a tub they want to get rid of.

All their scents change when lathered thanks to real oils.

Top Bottom