What's new

Israeli Personnas, the best DE blade so far!

Just discovered that the local supermarket (Coop Forum, Sweden) has started selling the Israeli Personnas. Believe it or not the blade is absolutely smooth and sharp. No cuts, no burns and it lasts really very long. My first blade lasted more than two weeks!!! I am on to the second one (started using it 4 days ago and I shave every day) and it is as sharp today as the first day. I use Gillette razor with the white plastic handle and Aloe vera shaving soap with badger brush. I was so impressed with these blades that I went and bought 6 more packets today (in case they suddenly stop stocking it!). A box of ten blades costs approx. 2,8 Euro. Here is the pic. The blade itself has no marking on it.
Raj.
P.S. forgot to say that I have used Swedish Gillettes, Silver Gillette, and Derby blades before. The Swedish gillettes were sharp but caused razor burn sometimes and did not last very long. The Derbys were inconsistent in quality from pack to pack and within the same pack. These Israeli Personnas just beat them all and are even cheaper than the rest.

Yesyesyes, Wherewherewhere, Tellmetellmetellme, Nownownow!!! :eek:

Or, I vilken stad köpte Du dom för böveln:w00t::w00t:
Jag har ju t.o.m medlemskort på COOP:biggrin:

:smile:mace

These are exactly the same blades sold by Asda in the UK, they are £1.80 for a pack.

The Boots and Tesco blades have different backing cards but the box and blades look identical and shave the same so I believe they are the same blades.

I have to agree about the blade quality, I don't have much DE experience but these are much better than the Merkurs and Wilkinsons I have tried.

From what I've put together, these are not the same blade as the "Isreali Personna". They are made by ASR in their Israeli plant, but to a different spec. I also know that Tesco blades are made by ASR, soooo... I have to believe these are the same blades as Tesco (and maybe Boots?). If that's the case, they're very very good blades. I happen to like the Tesco blades more than the Crystal blades (Israeli Personnas). Raj, can you send me a higher res photo?

Yesyesyes, Wherewherewhere, Tellmetellmetellme, Nownownow!!! :eek:

Or, I vilken stad köpte Du dom för böveln:w00t::w00t:
Jag har ju t.o.m medlemskort på COOP:biggrin:

Välkommen till Karlskrona Mace. One more reason to move to the sunny and touristy town of Karlskrona.
Raj

From what I've put together, these are not the same blade as the "Isreali Personna". They are made by ASR in their Israeli plant, but to a different spec. I also know that Tesco blades are made by ASR, soooo... I have to believe these are the same blades as Tesco (and maybe Boots?). If that's the case, they're very very good blades. I happen to like the Tesco blades more than the Crystal blades (Israeli Personnas). Raj, can you send me a higher res photo?

The blades are definitely made in Israel as it says so on the packet. It is distributed by Personna Int. U.K. Ltd. in U.K. and by the same the same company in Australia and NZ. It also says "not to be sold to under 16's".

Which means some of you all will not be eligible. Just joking!:001_smile

Välkommen till Karlskrona Mace. One more reason to move to the sunny and touristy town of Karlskrona.
Raj

I'm not far away:smile:
Just across that flat slab of dirt we call skåne:lol: And up just a tad.....
Bjärehalvön, Förslöv:w00t:

Rörstärkare.....:w00t:

I've bought those blades with an identical package for £1.80 at an ASDA supermarket in England. I also use the bulk packaged Super+ blades which come from the same factory. I notice no difference in the shaves. Super + blades can be purchased from txukman on e-bay or Encure.

I'm not far away:smile:
Just across that flat slab of dirt we call skåne:lol: And up just a tad.....
Bjärehalvön, Förslöv:w00t:

Rörstärkare.....:w00t:

I had to actually look it up (shame on me). It is the half island that I have missed out on my way to Gothenburgh, since I drive via La'holm. Hey next time it is going to be via your part of the country (bjärehalvön)! I hear you got some real fine country side out there.

@ John - Any chance of getting your hands on these?

I'll see what I can do. If they are indeed the same as Tesco blades, then yes it would be worth obtaining them. If what I'm told is wrong, and they are the same as the Crystal blades, then there's no point in obtaining them. I'll keep you posted.

The blades are definitely made in Israel as it says so on the packet. It is distributed by Personna Int. U.K. Ltd. in U.K. and by the same the same company in Australia and NZ. It also says "not to be sold to under 16's".

Which means some of you all will not be eligible. Just joking!:001_smile

I didn't doubt the country of origin. :wink: I just wanted to see what info was on the back. My ASR rep has given me plenty of info on the Tesco blades, and that they're not the same as Crystal blades. I wanted to see if there were any similar item numbers or UPC codes.

I didn't doubt the country of origin. :wink: I just wanted to see what info was on the back. My ASR rep has given me plenty of info on the Tesco blades, and that they're not the same as Crystal blades. I wanted to see if there were any similar item numbers or UPC codes.

The Asda blade pack is identical to the picture posted by Raj

Here is the DE page of the UK distributor (three pages)

http://www.personna-uk.co.uk/productSearch.asp?item=12&button2=Go!

cheers

Pete

J

Jarmo P

My current favorites are the Red pack Personnas that I got from you John :001_smile

Scoooooore:w00t:

Two packs from COOP Helsingborg, plus a tube and a stick of Palmolive:wink:

Thanks RAJ!!

Top Bottom