What's new

Smells like Endymion?

Tested out Endymion today and loved the scent. But it suffers from PPS (Penhaligon's Performance Syndrome).

Can you recommend something similar with better longevity? Extra points if the coffee note is more pronounced. :)

Yeah, PPS is indeed a sad thing. Good luck on finding an Endymion match, I'll be tuning in to the responses. For educational purposes, of course :)

I get about six hours from Endymion, and longer if you count the lingering scent on my T-shirt. I'm lucky enough to have that deep coffee smell stay with me through most of the work day. I don't know of any other EDT with a similar scent.

Well, I enjoy several Pen's bottles and personally do not subscribe to the PPS talk.
Their scents are outstanding and with good "gentlemanly" projection and longevity, in my own opinion.
Endymion seems to be a nice variant on traditional lavender, with some warm, musty notes added.
You might consider some vintage Yardley lavender, or even a chypre such as Racquets.
Or move over to a stronger lavender perfume such as Jicky.
Enjoy the search!

$penhaligons endymion joris plisson september 9 2015.jpg

Just to let you know that I believe that Penhaligon has announced the release of Endymion Concentre - effectively exactly what you have asked for no? Though it may take a wee while to get the sort of nice discounts you get at online sellers on eBay and such like for the new version. Have seen the original for around £45/100ml.

Just to let you know that I believe that Penhaligon has announced the release of Endymion Concentre - effectively exactly what you have asked for no? Though it may take a wee while to get the sort of nice discounts you get at online sellers on eBay and such like for the new version. Have seen the original for around £45/100ml.

indeed, looks to be shipping!

$endymion.jpg

Has anyone tried the Concentre yet? I wonder how close it smells to the original. Endymion smells fantastic, but I also got poor longevity. So bad in fact that it wasn't worth purchasing. I think both Bulgari Black and VCA Midnight in Paris smell similar to Endymion, but not as good. These other two have better longevity on my, and they can be had for cheap. May be worth checking out.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
One reviewer suggests: "The fragrance is nice but a straight copy of a century old cream Boroline."

I have no idea, but Boroline Cream is about $3 if someone wants to take a chance.

Top Bottom