What's new

Mighty Midget

I did the whole search thingy and alot of the threads are pretty old so what are your thoughts of the Omega Mighty Midget? Anyone get one recently? the fact that its half Badger/boar intrigues me. I am a Boar guy (Semogue 2000) cause i love the extra scrit and roughness compared to Badger and Synthetics.

I do realize its on the small size but i am not a daily shaver and i Shave my head more so my face also i Head/face lather
Smaller brush means more reloads i get that but I am not worried about "Wasting" soap. ( means i buy/try more so that's a win in my book)

just want to know if having a Half Badger/boar brush is worth a try at the cheap price that it sells for.

Last edited:
I'm sure it's a tiny bit more 'scritchy' then just a boar, but it's most likely a great little brush. I love tiny brushes and the 'Bigger Bambino' certainly is a terrific little brush that I should bring out of the dust soon.

I think it's a great little brush, so much so that I have an extra one tucked away just on case Omega decides to stop making them. It has a little bit of scritch to it, but nothing bothersome, IMO. For the price, it's a bargain.

I did the whole search thingy and alot of the threads are pretty old so what are your thoughts of the Omega Mighty Midget? Anyone get one recently? the fact that its half Badger/boar intrigues me
I'm guessing you mean the 11047 "Mixed Midget" (which is a mixed boar/badger) and not the 40033 "Mighty Midget" or "Wide Waist Midget" (which is a stout boar).

I bought an 11047 about 2 or 3 years ago as a travel brush, but after using it a few times, it made it into my regular at-home rotation. It's that good. I'm not a big brush fan - I tend to like brushes in the 21-22mm range, so the 11047 works for me.

If you're a boar fan, the 40033 is the best $7 brush on the planet once it breaks in, which took me at least 30 shaves.

I'm guessing you mean the 11047 "Mixed Midget" (which is a mixed boar/badger) and not the 40033 "Mighty Midget" or "Wide Waist Midget" (which is a stout boar).

I bought an 11047 about 2 or 3 years ago as a travel brush, but after using it a few times, it made it into my regular at-home rotation. It's that good. I'm not a big brush fan - I tend to like brushes in the 21-22mm range, so the 11047 works for me.

If you're a boar fan, the 40033 is the best $7 brush on the planet once it breaks in, which took me at least 30 shaves.

Nice to see the nicknames presented properly...and very much agreed on the 40033, which I used today.

Nice to see the nicknames presented properly...and very much agreed on the 40033, which I used today.
Yup, great under-rated brush. Very few people actually know the 40033 exists. It's a backbone monster. I added three O-rings to mine, which for me, improves the grip.

proxy.php

I have just placed the order for the Omega 11047 – “Mixed Midget AKA the Mighty Midget ”. Pretty excited to give it a whirl.

I think i started out with the best Boar brush you would ever want/need (Semogue 2000) so i don't ever see the need to ever buy another Boar brush. I gave the RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush a try recently and it was very different then the Boar but i knew after a few goes with it that i would eventually use the Boar more to the point that i PIF'd the Synth to a friend.

Thanks for the thoughts and replies.

I think i started out with the best Boar brush you would ever want/need (Semogue 2000) so i don't ever see the need to ever buy another Boar brush.
If you're a face latherer, the 2000 can't hold a candle to the Semogue 620. YMMV of course, but the 620 is almost universally praised by people who own them.

I am sure its a great brush but I dont like the 620 handle at all. I love the simplicity of the 2000 Wooden handle but like you said YMMV.
Semogue 1520 has the same knot as the 620 but with a standard wooden handle - painted though, not a natural finish like the 2000.

Hope you like your Mixed Midget - you're getting a great little brush.

I am sure its a great brush but I dont like the 620 handle at all. I love the simplicity of the 2000 Wooden handle but like you said YMMV.
I think I'm qualified to render an opinion since I own many of the brushes mentioned: the 2000, 620, 40033 & 11047. All four are in my permanent rotation. My preference is for the 620. The 2000 is a good brush, but I had to put an o-ring at the base of the knot to choke it up a tad to suit my liking. The 11047 is a great little brush. I have been using it exclusively with Cade Rich lately. The 40033 works great especially with hard milled soaps. I could honestly recommend any of these four brushes for anyone that likes boar.

Yup, great under-rated brush. Very few people actually know the 40033 exists. It's a backbone monster. I added three O-rings to mine, which for me, improves the grip.

proxy.php

I did the same but the final solution for me was to put the knot in the wooden handle of a $3 Turkish brush that was shedding. The handle is much more comfortable in the hand. The Omega cup fits well in the handle with maybe 1 mm to spare. I wrapped the cup with un-waxed dental floss before epoxying. Knot is solidly held in the handle with no play and hasn't loosened in over 3 years or so.

I've recently acquired the Omega Mighty Midget in mixed boar/badger (11047). While I appreciate its size for accuracy as well as its softness, I find the backbone to be lacking a bit. If only the knot were denser, it would be my perfect brush for all occasions since the density would lend itself to greater backbone. Heck, I'd even gift them to new wet-shavers due to cost and performance.

Unfortunately, I find myself reaching for the tiny and dense Simpson Wee Scot almost every time. The Omega 11047, Semogue 830, and Trader Joe's synthetic doesn't see much action.

On a positive note, I do enjoy the Mighty Midget as a backup brush (until something can oust the Wee Scot).

EDIT: For the price, it also comes with a nice handle which is difficult to beat. If you're interested in expanding your collection, then I'd recommend it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom