What's new

Don't be a Fool, Post Your April Acquisitions Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I received this stuff on Monday: a bottle of Stipula Sepia, a bottle of Stipula Saffon, a bottle of Diamine Brandy Dazzle, a bottle of Diamine Ancient Copper, and a couple of Platinum Preppys (only one is pictured because I gave the other to a girl in one of my classes who was interested in my pens the week before). Okay, this time, it's for real... no more nib purchases for me for a while. :001_rolle

$2016-04-11.jpg

$IMG_8136_zpsjsxdnar5.jpg$IMG_8137_zpswjhuuqlq.jpg

April was VERY VERY good to me. All are medium nibs. In the picture we have:

Early 1990's 149 with two tone 18K nib
Early 1980's 146 with monotone 14K nib and stripeless ink window
Heritage 1912
Rouge et Noir black resin

Not pictured are a late 80's/early 90's 146 with W Germany cap, no serial number and two tone nib, and a brand new, still in the box 149 with tri-tone nib.

View attachment 652844View attachment 652845

April was VERY VERY good to me. All are medium nibs. In the picture we have:

Early 1990's 149 with two tone 18K nib
Early 1980's 146 with monotone 14K nib and stripeless ink window
Heritage 1912
Rouge et Noir black resin

Not pictured are a late 80's/early 90's 146 with W Germany cap, no serial number and two tone nib, and a brand new, still in the box 149 with tri-tone nib.
Nice pens Raif!

Lots of acquisition disorder to add to the collection over the last couple of weeks.

$20160415_142643.jpg
This Parker "51" aero-metric set showed up at an estate sale for a whopping $13. I think it was unused until I gladly inked it up only to discover that the 51 lives up to every bit of its reputation. Not only is this one a beautiful midnight blue, but writing with it makes me say WOW! every time.

$20160423_151545.jpg
A couple of trips to a local auction house left me with yet another Parker "51" Demi squeeze fill.
An Esterbrook XXT dip-less
A Sheaffers Balance Vac-Fill Autograph.
A Sheaffers Self-filling ring top.
And this weekends estate find almost made me cry when I saw it was cracked. My heart sank though when I saw that it is a John Holland. Had to bring it home anyway.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Lots of acquisition disorder to add to the collection over the last couple of weeks.

Hopefully that John Holland nib can be put to good use in another pen ... that ring top is toast. :sob:

Great April, Podog!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Pelikan M101N tortoise finally delivered last week ... here's a quick shot. Glad I picked it up.

Alright.. A little late but the weekend of the 15th I had a chance to go to the Atlanta Pen Show. First pen show and overwhelming...lol. The outstanding part was not only the selection but the kindness of all people attending. Got to look and play with pens that I never would have thought. I did get to buy a few things too...

$tmp_3534-0426161647~2555582947.jpg
Inks:
Diamine Teal
Diamine Sherwood Green
Diamine Soft Mint (wife)
Franklin Christoph Terra Firms
Franklin Christoph Spanish Blue
KWZ Brown Pink
Rohrer&Klingner Scabiosa
Faber Castell Stone Grey

Pens:
Noodlers Ahab
Pelikan Pelikano from 69
1.1 mm Anderson italic
Franklin Christoph medium stub (in the Baoer 516)

Also got a Nock Co Pen Case...

And then I was given a Ken Cavers Custom Shirt Pocket Pen. He said he's just paying it forward... He would like to give it to me. I was so stunned I had to sit my butt down. This is another example of how great the community is. I am truly thankful to the gentleman, who I don't want to name. Thank you!!! The pen didn't write that great he told me and he wasn't using it much... Told me to have the job custom ground or whatever I wanted to...just have some fun with it and use it. I ended up putting the 1.1 Anderson italic in there and adjusted and ground it to what I wanted it to be. Narrowed it a little to about a 0.9mm and it's slightly oblique now to accomodate my style of holding the pen... Its awesome!!! Using it with the FC Terra Firma. Writing sample will follow in the handwritten thread...

Ok... My experience was unique but if you have a show somewhere in the area... Go... You won't regret it.

Last edited:
Alright.. A little late but the weekend of the 15th I had a chance to go to the Atlanta Pen Show. First pen show and overwhelming...lol. The outstanding part was not only the selection but the kindness of all people attending. Got to look and play with pens that I never would have thought. I did get to buy a few things too...

View attachment 654610
Inks:
Diamine Teal
Diamine Sherwood Green
Diamine Soft Mint (wife)
Franklin Christoph Terra Firms
Franklin Christoph Spanish Blue
KWZ Brown Pink
Rohrer&Klingner Scabiosa
Faber Castell Stone Grey

Pens:
Noodlers Ahab
Pelikan Pelikano from 69
1.1 mm Anderson italic
Franklin Christoph medium stub (in the Baoer 516)

Also got a Nock Co Pen Case...

And then I was given a Ken Cavers Custom Shirt Pocket Pen. He said he's just paying it forward... He would like to give it to me. I was so stunned I had to sit my butt down. This is another example of how great the community is. I am truly thankful to the gentleman, who I don't want to name. Thank you!!! The pen didn't write that great he told me and he wasn't using it much... Told me to have the job custom ground or whatever I wanted to...just have some fun with it and use it. I ended up putting the 1.1 Anderson italic in there and adjusted and ground it to what I wanted it to be. Narrowed it a little to about a 0.9mm and it's slightly oblique now to accomodate my style of holding the pen... Its awesome!!! Using it with the FC Terra Firma. Writing sample will follow in the handwritten thread...

Ok... My experience was unique but if you have a show somewhere in the area... Go... You won't regret it.

Wow! Big score on inks and pens! Enjoy them and this ought to keep you buys for a while [MENTION=105935]Quink[/MENTION]! Sounds like you had a good time at the pen show!

$FullSizeRender 2.jpg
I'm a little bummed both new inks came in the plastic bottles. I like the Noodler's labels and bottles as collector's items as well as I do the inks. I know Noodler's is back in glass because I have bought others since the plastic switch/switchback. I guess I just got unlucky on this order from Goulet.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
View attachment 654838
I'm a little bummed both new inks came in the plastic bottles. I like the Noodler's labels and bottles as collector's items as well as I do the inks. I know Noodler's is back in glass because I have bought others since the plastic switch/switchback. I guess I just got unlucky on this order from Goulet.

You could always order a couple of the empty ink bottles that they sometimes have. I've gotten lucky and have had a match (the empty glass bottle was the same color as the plastic one) on two of the five bottles that I used to replace the plastic ones.

$Dark Red.jpg

Wife needed to go into Fort Collins today, I tagged along. There is only one B&M shop with pens and ink I know of. In Old Town there is a Hallmark type shop called "The Right Card", they have a nice display case of pens, from cheap to Mont Blanc. Unfortunately their knowledge and support of what they sell is poor. Inks are a joke. Their inks are not on display, but in a box behind the counter and you have to ask. None of the "name brand" stuff, usually some odd ball items. Today they had four, count them, four bottles of ink, but they have a another, fuller box of cartridges. The clerk had not a clue. I wanted a red, there was a bottle of Nostalgic Impressions Dark Red. I paid the $19.95 and went home. It is not as dark I would have liked, more of a light red/dark orange. Nice bottle though, 50 ml apothecary style, all glass, but the stopper has a plastic cork on it. Cute box, bottle lays on the side to fit in. Inked up Charlie. Ink has a nice flow, little to no shading, no wicking, or soak through, even on this cheap scrap pad, dries pretty quick.

Took a bit of web surfing to actually locate the brand, the box has no maker info, the bottle just has "Writing Ink" and logo. First site I found a match on was a Witchcraft site that listed it as a spell casting ink. A bit more searching and I found Nostalgic Impressions, who's logo matches the bottle's. (I'm going with the spell casting abilities and writing my boss a note!)

There used be a really good shop on Harmony, but they moved it back into their home and is appointment only... I hate that, local buys like this are usually impulse, don't know what I want deals.

Cool bottle. It might be with the price even if the ink isn't something you want to use.
As for my Noodler's bottles, I had already thought of that. I'll keep an eye out for a couple of empty Noodler's bottles and try to transfer the labels.

Cool bottle. It might be with the price even if the ink isn't something you want to use.
As for my Noodler's bottles, I had already thought of that. I'll keep an eye out for a couple of empty Noodler's bottles and try to transfer the labels.

I would e-mail Goulet and ask specifically for a Noodler's bottle with the proper label, they may have them laying around from the ink drops.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Fresh from a German Dachboden! Lamy 27 in Petrol Blue, 14k KM nib (med Kugel). Freshly cleaned, it flew over with a load of old ink in its belly.

Fresh from a German Dachboden! Lamy 27 in Petrol Blue, 14k KM nib (med Kugel). Freshly cleaned, it flew over with a load of old ink in its belly.

That's a nice looking pen. Makes me want to start collecting yet another brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom