What's new

Don't be a Fool, Post Your April Acquisitions Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Franklin-Christoph Model 02 in Italian Ice finish with a Masuyama Fine Cursive Italic nib.

proxy.php

Franklin-Christoph Model 59 Ballpoint. Black laquer with a rhodium finish. Another excellent purchase from a great company.

Well I bought a Hero De Jue 301 fude calligraphy pen. I must say it`s a fun and nice pen. The nib is a medium all the way to beyond broad and then some by varying the angle of my fude pen. I like it a lot especially for not needing to change nibs to vary the pen strokes. I also bought a bottle of Diamine Night Sky sparkly ink. I think Diamine has tastefully balanced the right amount of silver sparkles to the black ink ratio so that this ink can be used as a daily writing black ink as well. It`s not in your face with sparkly sparkles but enough of it is there to be seen without much effort. I`m sure having a lot of fun with this setup!

$IMGP6534.jpg$IMGP6535.jpg$IMGP6537.jpg$IMGP6543.jpg

[MENTION=44809]Radium[/MENTION] that's some beautiful ink! I've never been sold on shimmering ink, but now thinking that a black or blue black could be really nice.

Picked up a Conklin Duragraph in Forest Green with a fine nib. Been looking for a green pen for a while now, and finally pulled the trigger just in time for Masters week. Also got a 1.5mm Goulet stub.

proxy.php

Well I bought a Hero De Jue 301 fude calligraphy pen. I must say it`s a fun and nice pen. The nib is a medium all the way to beyond broad and then some by varying the angle of my fude pen. I like it a lot especially for not needing to change nibs to vary the pen strokes. I also bought a bottle of Diamine Night Sky sparkly ink. I think Diamine has tastefully balanced the right amount of silver sparkles to the black ink ratio so that this ink can be used as a daily writing black ink as well. It`s not in your face with sparkly sparkles but enough of it is there to be seen without much effort. I`m sure having a lot of fun with this setup!

View attachment 648946View attachment 648947View attachment 648948View attachment 648949
That looks fun!

@Radium that's some beautiful ink! I've never been sold on shimmering ink, but now thinking that a black or blue black could be really nice.

Picked up a Conklin Duragraph in Forest Green with a fine nib. Been looking for a green pen for a while now, and finally pulled the trigger just in time for Masters week. Also got a 1.5mm Goulet stub.

proxy.php
Enjoy your nice pen!
This is my first shimmering ink and I`m enjoying it and perhaps you might too? I`m eyeing the Diamine Shimmering Seas or Magical Forest as my next possible purchase?

Here's what might be my last acquisition. Nah...

It's on its way to Pendleton Brown for some nib work but I thought I'd share a picture. This is a 1946, Q1 Parker Vacumatic. The barrel is completely transparent. It was never used. No flaws,. scratches, etc...

$DSCN1512 - 1946 Parker Vac.jpg

$20160404_135048.jpg
$20160404_135120.jpg
Gold Filigree eyedropper with a warranted 5 nib

When the ad said "come and dig through boxes" I thought that's just what I call fun. Where I found this was on the floor, under piles of god knows what in an old work shed that was ready to fall down. I love it when they show up like this. Made it worth the 2 hour drive.

Momento "Islands" w/a medium nib. Mine is mostly lime green & white cracked ice with a touch of blue at each end of the barrel & the base of the cap. Mild disappointment wrt to the nib. I thought it might be a Jowo #5. Easy swap for a FC Masuyama. Not sure what this is. Broader shoulders & a feed I haven't seen before. Will have to look into it more later. Smooth medium after some tweaking though, so whatever. Cap unscrews in less than a turn, but putting it back requires paying attention to avoid crossthreading.
proxy.php

I had this one sitting on my wish list for a while with a $70 asking price. Couldn't bring myself to do it. Caught a sale for $30 & I went with it. Had I paid 70, I would have been disappointed. For 30, it's a solid buy.

Just for the fun of it. 1997, new in the box, Looney Tunes "Taz" pen. $.99 at the thrift shop.

proxy.php

Last edited:
One of my few "store bought" pens, a Pilot Metropolitan, fine nib. Arrived yesterday.
$Pilot Metropolitan Purple fine 2.jpg

A Woodcraft Kojent I knocked out yesterday, Copper Haze acrylic. This one has a fine nib on it, most WC pens seem to have a medium. Seems to be totally luck of the draw. Very nice writer.
$Woodcraft Kojent Copper Haze 2.jpg
$Woodcraft Kojent Copper Haze.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom