What's new

Haslinger Schalfmilch vs. MWF

I was never that impressed with MWF.

Haslinger:

Ease of lather in any water condition
Perfect slick lather every time.
"Elastic" as Larry described perfectly in the Haslinger thread.
Plenty of gentle scent choices.
Cheap.
Perfect size...60 grams can be used as is, cut up, grated, shave stick, you name it.
Phenomenal soap.

Definitely MWF, by far. Even though is harder and takes some additional time to create the lather, the lather quality is superb!!!! Also the slickness is off the charts, and post shave? you know how good the post shave feel of MWF is. In contrast, the lather I get from Haslinger is subpar and so its the performance (not really slick nor protective) and the post shave feel is average (dries my skin).

Never tried MFW, but from what I have read on the forums is both perform pretty equally. So based on that I'd have to go with Haslinger due to the cleaner ingredients involved.

MWF by the slightest of margins. ONLY because of face feel of MWF. It's so good that after I finish shaving I squeeze the extra lather out of the brush and rub it all over my face, rinse and Ahhhh.

I would say Haslinger Schalfmilch by a whisker because it's my favorite soap. To me it's the total package. It took me a while to "get" MWF but when I did I loved it being HS and MWF are very similar soaps. That post shave feel!

Definitely MWF, by far. Even though is harder and takes some additional time to create the lather, the lather quality is superb!!!! Also the slickness is off the charts, and post shave? you know how good the post shave feel of MWF is. In contrast, the lather I get from Haslinger is subpar and so its the performance (not really slick nor protective) and the post shave feel is average (dries my skin).

MWF is great but pretty shocked you couldn't get good performance out of H. Post shave may be your skin type not agreeing with it...but it should perform great.

Two great options IMO. For me the clear choice is Haslinger's because it lathers so much easier plus there are multiple options! :thumbup1:

Haslinger... slightly better performance, not by much though..
It doesn't mean i'll give up MWF by any means, it's here to stay.

I never got great lathers out of MWF. Not to say it can't be done, I just didn't figure it out (after about 15-20 shaves worth) and the post-shave was good, but not amazing for me, so I moved on. Haslinger has been easy to lather for me, I very much like the post-shave (more than MWF) and the slickness is very good as well. My preference is for Haslinger. If you buy it from Shavemac or TVB in bulk the price is good, so no real issues there. I never had a problem with MWF's scent, and Haslinger's is fine for me as well. I have Schafmilch, Aloe, and Coconut, all of which have light-ish scents which aren't a problem for me.
[MENTION=87805]herbert7890[/MENTION], it's interesting you got dried out from Haslingers-I'm similar in that way with Mystic Waters-for some reason I get the slightest drying sensation from MW soaps, which is weird because of the great ingredient list. But Haslinger gives me a very good post shave-I guess some soaps just work or don't work for certain people.

Haslinger for me. But I'm not giving up on MWF it just doesn't agree with my water. We are getting a water softener soon and I expect it to do better then.

MWF does have the edge on packaging though. I love that ceramic dish

Top Bottom