What's new

Coconut Sandalwood

We can be friends again

proxy.php

This message brought to you by Chad's phone.... most likely with typos

I never saw a shipping notification. But it should arrive soon... But I'm in Texas, which means I have to keep waiting...

Yea!!! Just ordered Coconut Sandalwood from Mystic Waters. It's a limited edition, so get to it. The soap/tub goes for $11.79, not including shipping of $7.00 (I'm in Arizona so your shipping cost may be different)

B&B members asked for it and Mystic Waters delivered!

Mikey

Well, I got my Coconut Sandalwood shave puck with container yesterday and today I had my first chance to use it. I squished it flat into the container and had a go. I was happy to see how well and how much lather it produced. Very easy I may add. I had enough lather for two more passes I'm sure and I did three! This was the first Mystic Waters product that I have purchased and I must say I am very pleased with it. I can easily see myself purchasing more in the future.

Mystic Waters success achieved! Granted I didn't do a full shave, just lined up on neck and cheeks, but I did get a no problem comfortable ATG shave for half my neck so I think a full shave would've been fine. Went back to my old standard lathering method which is just a bit messy with a full container. Oddly I seem to be going through this soap faster than any other I've tried, including Proraso in the tub.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We can be friends again

proxy.php

How's the sweet briar tobacco smell Chad? The more I smell these soaps the more they're becoming my favorite scents. My sample of Egyptian Dragon seems to be mellowing a bit losing some of it's spiciness. Which is fine, scent seems more balanced and a tad sweeter.

How's the sweet briar tobacco smell Chad? The more I smell these soaps the more they're becoming my favorite scents. My sample of Egyptian Dragon seems to be mellowing a bit losing some of it's spiciness. Which is fine, scent seems more balanced and a tad sweeter.
A sweet tobacco smell, like nothing I've smelled before. I gets hints of vanilla to

My shave I posted in my Shave Journal today:

I've been waiting for this shave for a few months!

Razor: Muhle r41
Blade: perma sharp (4)
Soap/cream: Mystic Waters Coconut Sandalwood
Brush: WW 'Fiona' 24mm Envy White
Aftershave1: Thayer's witch hazel cucumber
Aftershave2: Fine Santal Absolut

WOW! What a shave.

So I first used MW in the passaround box and it was the old formula and I got a good lather out of it. This time around with the new formula it practically lathered itself. The brush picked up WAY more than enough soap and the face lather was perfect. Performance wise this is up there. My only complaint if I were to find one would be the residual slickness... but there is enough there that it doesn't bother me.

Now the scent here is my opinion: the scent to me is a very strong Coconut with a Sandalwood undertone. I love it! I thought it would be suntan lotion smell and I honestly wasn't thrilled by that but in my opinion it is not that. This reminds me of the beach drinking a pina colada or corona with lime.

Actually the whole time I was shaving I was almost changing my mind on aftershave... I think my Stirling Coconut Lime would pair nicely with this... then I started thinking about if Coconut Sandalwood works why not Lime Sandalwood? I think the perfect aftershave for this soap would be equal parts Lime Sec and Fine Santal.

Hope you all have a great day.

proxy.php

I recently received the much anticipated Mystic Water "Coconut Sandalwood". The following is the review that I posted yesterday in my journal:

This is the first use of Mystic Water "Coconut Sandalwood" for me. I had done a test lather the other day, and it held high promise, especially in the scent department. But today, it's all about the actual shave.

First off, the scent....oh, the scent....yesssssss! My goodness, this is a wonderful scent in every way possible - the "nose characteristics", the strength of scent, and the longevity of the scent.

So what does this smell like to me? Well, coconut and sandalwood, to be blunt, and I mean that in the best possible way. But there is more to it - it almost has sort of an added banana component to it, to my nose at any rate (I know, sounds crazy). It's a "sweet" and mellow scent that is quite calming and enjoyable. The sandalwood is like no other sandalwood that I've tried. If I had to generalize the "types" of sandalwood I've tried, it's mainly three types: Sweet - like AoS; Spicey - like DRH; and Earthy - like Proraso Red. This MW doesn't really fit into either of those three. But it leans towards the AoS, but even sweeter. I don't know, this is a difficult one for me to describe, but it doesn't matter because its so awesome! And one thing that I'll add is that it doesn't really remind me of the beach. However, I've never been to Hawaii; I've grown up going to the "Redneck Riviera", so perhaps that explains it.

The strength of scent is right in my wheel house. It's strongly scented and lasts that way throughout the entire shave, as well as post shave. This is one of those scented soaps that makes me wish the shave wouldn't stop. I could have done multiple passes past the three, but obviously reality hit me. And I almost didn't use a scented aftershave, but I'll get to that in a moment.

How was the performance of this soap, specifically since it's the new formula? As many of you know, MW can be very finicky for me at my house. But I take a tub with me on the road and it works great in parts of the country that have harder water than I have at my house. But today, I was actually able to dial in this particular puck very well. For my first pass (face lathered), it was a bit too thick (not enough water obviously). So I decided to bowl lather subsequent passes, adding the bloomed water that I had saved gradually as needed. Whammo - nice and slick! I think the key for me is that I have found one particular knot that works quite effectively with MW at my house, and that is the Ubersoft synthetic hybrid shape. I've written about my synth knots before, so I won't bore anyone with that, but suffice it to say, that the Ubersoft synth is very dense and works perfectly with MW (for me). When I did the initial test lather, in addition to a synth, I used a horse hair brush and the lather didn't work well with the horse. So synth for me with Mystic Water.

Now, what aftershave to use with this soap? Difficult, because the DRH sandalwood is too spicey, and the AoS sandalwood has a bit of a clash. Hmmmm, Bay Rum? Nope - not quite right. Ah ha! Klar Sandalwood. Now I love, and I mean love the scent of Klar Klassic (much like DRH Windsor), and I had gotten some Klar Sandalwood about a year ago. Unfortunately, the sandalwood scent was practically non-existent, so it's been languishing in a drawer. But the subtlety of it seems to work well with this MW, so I'm happy about that. After about an hour, I think I may spray some AoS sandalwood EdT to see how that works.

So, for my initial impression of the new MW Coconut and Sandalwood, I rate it: "Favorable". I thoroughly enjoyed this initial use and hope to duplicate the results on subsequent uses.

proxy.php

I made sure to email Michelle the other day to tell her how much I like the Coconut Sandalwood. She mentioned that she is considering keeping it as a seasonal product. I really hope she does, because I am going to want more when my two pucks run out!

Now I need to make some room in my den for a few of her other scents.

Mine is at my brother's house... I've been in move-out/in mode so I sent it there. He's been pretty against DE (or SE or SR) shaving since I started (for no good reason). I think he opened it up, because he commented today that he could try a brush and soap... This stuff must smell awesome!

Another great shave with this great product. This time I pared it with WSP Sandalwood. Loved the earthiness of the sandalwood, but straight sandalwood isn't quite cutting it. The search continues.

....Actually the whole time I was shaving I was almost changing my mind on aftershave... I think my Stirling Coconut Lime would pair nicely with this... then I started thinking about if Coconut Sandalwood works why not Lime Sandalwood? I think the perfect aftershave for this soap would be equal parts Lime Sec and Fine Santal....

Pairing Lime Sec with Fine Santal sounds interesting. One of my favorite summer mixes is Clubman Bay Rum and Lime Sec in a 50/50 mix, it brings out the best. I think the discussion of suntan lotioon brought to mind Ogalla Bay Rum & Sandalwood with it's vanilla component.

In any event, my tub is due on Thursday.

I've been using this daily since Saturday morning. Great in all ways. I've used Vi Jon old spice with it, and it seems perfect to me

Well, 3 shaves in with this soap. Shaves 2 and 3 weren't quite as stellar as number 1 but there are extenuating circumstances for that. While I haven't dialed in the lather yet, I am getting pretty good results anyway. I am enthralled by the scent of this soap and love the post shave face feel. One of the other things I like about this soap is that you can go in several different directions with aftershave scents. I am planning to use this soap for the rest of the week. I usually change up daily but this one definitely has my undivided attention.... I feel fan boy status coming on in the near future.

Pairing Lime Sec with Fine Santal sounds interesting. One of my favorite summer mixes is Clubman Bay Rum and Lime Sec in a 50/50 mix, it brings out the best. I think the discussion of suntan lotioon brought to mind Ogalla Bay Rum & Sandalwood with it's vanilla component.

In any event, my tub is due on Thursday.

Hmmm Great idea

Well, 3 shaves in with this soap. Shaves 2 and 3 weren't quite as stellar as number 1 but there are extenuating circumstances for that. While I haven't dialed in the lather yet, I am getting pretty good results anyway. I am enthralled by the scent of this soap and love the post shave face feel. One of the other things I like about this soap is that you can go in several different directions with aftershave scents. I am planning to use this soap for the rest of the week. I usually change up daily but this one definitely has my undivided attention.... I feel fan boy status coming on in the near future.

Glad you like

BTW there was only 2 tubs left at about 2pm and she is still deciding on where it will fit albeit seasonal or on the roster. She is slammed with her other soap line right now.

Thanks to ALL of you for making this a great success!!!

Top Bottom