What's new

Roja Dove Amber Aoud

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
proxy.php
This is just a quick "my thoughts" on Amber Aoud. I had a few people ask for a write up, and I thought I would try my best to convey my thoughts.

• The bottle: The bottle is very hefty. I have the older paper label, as I am now hearing that they bottles now have a metal plaque on the front. The cap is jeweled and conveys opulence. I have to say that with as expensive as this fragrance is, Roja did not skimp on any of the packaging.
  • The atomizer: This was rather shocking to me. I have over fifty scents and this was without a doubt the finest atomizer I have ever encountered. The first spray actually barely made it to my skin. I have since adjusted the spray distance. It also does not dump a great deal of juice, the way a Creed atomizer may.
  • The Juice: During the opening, i smell a light citrus and burst of aoud. Now this is a very mild aoud scent, not the typical bandaid "in your face" scent. I would say that citrus opening lasts for about five to ten minutes and begins to transition to a lovely rose that is still surrounded by the subtle aoud. The complete dry down leaves me with rose, aoud, sandalwood and ambergris notes.
  • Longevity and Silage: I believe this two last me approximately 6-8 hrs. The silage is rather strong at the beginning, but dies down quickly. I have yet to have a negative comment while wearing this. In fact, while testing out the sample, I had several women tell me that I needed to buy a bottle as soon as possible.
  • The Price: A 100 ml bottle will set you back approximately $800. Is it worth the price? Well I bought a bottle, so for me it was. Do you have to spend that much? Not necessarily, as Tom Ford's Amber Absolute has many of the same characteristics at a little more than half the price. I find that Montale Black Aoud can be a "cheaper" substitution, but it is definitely not as refined as Roja's creation.

I originally purchased a 3ml sample of this gem, and let me tell you that 3ml's were not exactly saving me money. I opted to obtain the original amber colored, as there is a crystal that does not have as many dyes. There are some talks that there are subtle differences between the two scents, so i stuck with what I had grown to love. Supposedly, the reddened/amber juice can stain when sprayed on white garments. After I went through the 3ml sample, I simply knew that this was one that needed to be added to my collection.

Thanks for sharing! How many sprays do you find yourself using? Spraying on the skin, your clothes, or both?

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Thanks for sharing! How many sprays do you find yourself using? Spraying on the skin, your clothes, or both?

I spray two sprays, one on each carotid. If I want to get daring I may do a third application to my chest. I do this for most of my frags currently.

Top Bottom