What's new

Odd Couples: AS/Frag

I love disparate fragrances that play nice together. For instance:

Clubman SR and YSL Oud Absolut
The Veg and Guerlain Vetiver.

Two of my favorite pairs. Any other mix and max suggestions you enjoy?

Trumper 's Spanish Leather aftershave and English leather cologne.

Clubman SR and either Knize ten or Aramis

Not sure how odd they are, but I like them.

I love what happens when you mix MWF soap and Musgo Real cream together.

Both have a mild, neutral fragrance on their own, but together they create something wonderful and unique.

And you get a double-dose of Lanolin, too!

I have all 4 of these. I'll have to try these combos. Thanks for the suggestions.

Generally I have only tried a matching aftershave & perfume like Fine Clean Vetiver and Guerlain Vetiver. I'll have to to see if I can find some good combos myself.

I generally don't like to mix fragrances ... a good cologne should shine through on its own, and if its a bad cologne, I won't wear it.

A few weeks ago, I threw a bunch of cologne leftovers together in a 5ml roll-on bottle. There were only a few drops left of each one, and added together, they filled about half that bottle. I added Witch Hazel to fill the bottle. I don't even remember what all went in there, but when I wore it out to a nightclub, the ladies seemed to love it.

Country Club Southern Oud aftershave followed by Cool Water. Worked well, the aftershave added a nice sweet top note to the EDT.

So I bought a bottle of Guerlain Vetiver. I have been searching for something to go with the Veg. When I saw your post I had to try it. When I came home from work a box was waiting. I first opened the box and sprayed some on my wrist to test it and wow was it ever a nice fragrance. I kept checking the scent for a couple hours and it was wonderful.

Later I had a shave and hit the Veg hard. Put on the Guerlain and they are made for each other. I really can't believe how well they go together. Thanks Larry!

I'm glad you liked the combo, Brian. Something about the cedar/woody Guerlain high notes with the peaty, floral Veg notes, just does it for me. I also like Guerlain with Canoe AS.

Today I tried YSL Oud Absolut with Clubman Musk: fail.

I'm glad you liked the combo, Brian. Something about the cedar/woody Guerlain high notes with the peaty, floral Veg notes, just does it for me. I also like Guerlain with Canoe AS.

Today I tried YSL Oud Absolut with Clubman Musk: fail.

I tried out The Veg / Guerlain Vetiver combo today too. It's amazing how well these two go together. Thanks for the suggestion. I never would have thought of combining the two.

It's hard for me to explain what I think of the combo. How can anyone explain The Veg? I agree that the floral notes in The Veg go well with the Guerlain but the wet, green, vegetal notes mix nicely with the Guerlain as well.

Excellent, Eric, I'm glad you liked it too.

This morning was not so much a clash of frags, but rather of cultures: Clubman Special Reserve and an Ensar Oud attar that is no longer available (and whose label has been smudged beyond recognition . . . . ).

Top Bottom