What's new

Cremo Shave Cream

I picked up a tube last night at CVS Pharmacy and tried it this morning on my face and head. For the face it was very slick but no real cusion, it was also weird to shave without a thick creamy lather. The shave however was very close and smooth with no irritation. For my head I usually use Head Slick and Cremo is very similar just not as messy. Very good stuff, I will be buying more.

Not a fan of the shaving cream at all, but I love Cremo Face Wash. PH balanced, never dries out my skin, doesn't burn my eyes and rinses off easily, leaving my skin feeling clean and supple. And very reasonably priced.

A small tube came with a shower mirror I purchased. The mirror works great however the cream have minimal protection.

Lathers great in a bowl

Yes, I totally agree. I haven't tried face lathering with it, but I assume it would give a decent result. I know this stuff is meant to be a brushless cream, but it does give decent results when bowl lathered. I suggest everyone try using it with a brush before writing this cream off.

It is also a good component for super or uber lathering. As I said before I super lather it with KMF for a very slick result. This is definitely worth a try.

Also, thanks to the recommendations here, I picked up a tube of the Cremo Cooling this morning at the W-Mart. We will see if I like it as much as the regular Cremo.

I gave the Cooling Cream a spin today. I lathered it in my bowl and did a 3-pass shave (wtg, xtg, atg). I didn't do a side-by-side, but it appears to lather about the same as the regular cream. The smell was a nice peppermint. It had a nice menthol kick to it when applied to my face. I was still feeling it about 15 minutes after finishing my shave. The cream had the same slickness of the regular and may have had a bit more cushion, but it mostly felt the same as the regular cream just with mint rather than citrus. I am more of a fan of citrus than mint, so if I were going to choose between them I would go with the regular. However, the Cooling would be great in the summer. I think they are both decent performers with good value.

Last edited:
I didn't know it would lather. The directions never talk about that. I'll have to drag the stuff back out and see.

I gave the Cooling Cream a spin today ... The cream had the same slickness of the regular and may have had a bit more cushion, but it mostly felt the same as the regular cream just with mint rather than citrus. I am more of a fan of citrus than mint, so if I were going to choose between them I would go with the regular. However, the Cooling would be great in the summer. I think they are both decent performers with good value.
For whatever reason I'm unable to shave without some irritation with the original but no problem with the cooling version.

For whatever reason I'm unable to shave without some irritation with the original but no problem with the cooling version.

Maybe there is something in the original that irritates your skin, or maybe they are just different enough to cause you problems? The Cooling seemed very similar to the regular to me, but they do have different formulations, so it isn't surprising that they won't perform the same in every situation. Once again we run into the YMMV situation. :001_smile

Maybe there is something in the original that irritates your skin, or maybe they are just different enough to cause you problems? The Cooling seemed very similar to the regular to me, but they do have different formulations, so it isn't surprising that they won't perform the same in every situation. Once again we run into the YMMV situation. :001_smile
To be a bit more specific, it's like razor burn on the right lowest part of my neck, and a few minor nicks in random places. Always seem to happen with the original red formula but not the blue cooling.

Top Bottom